Fechado para novas mensagens.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Which in any case will be cooler to Greece's warmest one's ;) ]

Due to lack of enough data that can´t be extrapolated now. WMO stations aren´t positioned to measure data on the warmest places. So when you have all this data, please come here to share it. I would be really pleased to see it.

Btw here is the interesting data from Ian's thread and for the period the Filadelfeia station in Attica is working here are the highest mean maxes.Portugal is not doing well.]

Portugal??? lol
Spare us from your fanatism. Portugal don´t have the same weather cover as Greece ( not even as Spain) on it´s warmest areas. So the results are obvious, who need to know what you think about it? Other thing is, Portugal isn´t interested on your patriotic affirmations based on zero revelant data.

By the way, why you don´t ask WMO scientists about what they think about your claims?
Will they say to you, that they are covering the warmest places, with their present data?

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Due to lack of enough data that can´t be extrapolated now. WMO stations aren´t positioned to measure data on the warmest places. So when you have all this data, please come here to share it. I would be really pleased to see it.

Portugal??? lol
Spare us from your fanatism. Portugal don´t have the same weather cover as Greece ( not even as Spain) on it´s warmest areas. So the results are obvious, who need to know what you think about it? Other thing is, Portugal isn´t interested on your patriotic affirmations based on zero revelant data.

By the way, why you don´t ask WMO scientists about what they think about your claims?
Will they say to you, that they are covering the warmest places, with their present data?

Off course Greece does not have a good coverage in its warmest areas and we have been through this again in the past so YOU SPARE US your ranting on Portugal being the poor child of meteorology.Who speaks of patriotic bullshit that you keep on implying?

Get your head straight mate and read what I wrote.I wrote that in mean maximums from Ian's thread Portugal is NOT DOING WELL. So what is all this moronic tantrum of patriotism?? Get your act straight mate and either read properly what I say or refrain from commenting. For all I care Amareleja which during the summer of 2011 seems to have Portugal's highest mean max is nothing next to the interior of Attica this year with Filadelfeia,Athens beating it by far.Hell, even the coastal airports of Elefsina and Hellenikon beat Amareleja in mean maxes this year.

Apart from that from the known WMO stations we have Greece beats each and every area that we currently have stations in Europe in terms of heat and I doubt that even if you plant each cm of Iberia with stations you dont stand a chance against Greece's means given the data and systematic knowledge we have from Greece's and Iberia's climatology.

PS. And since you mentioned you love moronic patriotism then you might wanna check out the last few minutes of Portugal bowing to Greece ;)

Editado por um moderador:

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Off course Greece does not have a good coverage in its warmest areas and we have been through this again in the past so YOU SPARE US your ranting on Portugal being the poor child of meteorology..

Spare us from more your sad comparisons among coutries, and talk more about climatology based on factual data. If you solely have WMO data to compare on, just hope to see more opinions like mine. Because it´s a well known fact, WMO officers don´t do claims as yours and won´t support it either. And to ice the cake and support my point, Greece has more weather coverage data on it´s warmest areas than Portugal.

Get your head straight mate and read what I wrote.I wrote that in mean maximums from Ian's thread Portugal is NOT DOING WELL.

My point remains.
When people used Faro, it was laughable that it didn´t got in last. Anyone who knows the Algarve climatology, think that´s laughable.
Elvas, at around over 300 meters above sea level, was used as well, but more to come, soon!! :lmao:

So what is all this moronic tantrum of patriotism??

:lmao:
I don´t know, could you care to explain to me? It´s me that are in a thread of your country, using unconclusive data to explain that my country is warmer than yours ( with the condition that your country must be divided in parts, according to someone decision)?

Get your act straight mate and either read properly what I say or refrain from commenting. For all I care Amareleja which during the summer of 2011 seems to have Portugal's highest mean max is nothing next to the interior of Attica this year with Filadelfeia,Athens beating it by far.Hell, even the coastal airports of Elefsina and Hellenikon beat Amareleja in mean maxes this year.]

Amareleja with it´s weather station located on a mountain/plains forest, it´s used on extreme warm climatology comparisons, just because according to IM has the measured highest mean max, (even if IM itself is aware of the existance of warmer places)?? This leads to controversy, sorry, sir... And this tells everything how «well» covered is Portugal in therms of weather stations, because according to agrarian weather stations ( also rare unfortunately) Amareleja is beaten up seriously, and even if we are excluding the warmest areas ( maybe these weather stations could be verified and validated, who knows). But Wow, this thread is getting hilarious... Forest and mountain, for the warmest spot during the summer of continental Portugal, all the way! This is because only WMO says so! :lmao:

Apart from that from the known WMO stations we have Greece beats each and every area that we currently have stations in Europe in terms of heat and I doubt that even if you plant each cm of Iberia with stations you dont stand a chance against Greece's means given the data and systematic knowledge we have from Greece's and Iberia's climatology.

Could you post here all the scientific studies that lead you to think that «continental» Iberia has enough «systematic knowledge» on it´s climatology to know that´s less warm than Greece?
Because, with that, you clearly couldn´t use only WMO data, if so, refrain to make more hilarious claims on weather foruns of other countries.

And since you mentioned you love moronic patriotism then you might wanna check out the last few minutes of Portugal bowing to Greece ;).

I did mentioned that I loved moronic patriotism? :lmao:
Sure, care to say where?
On the meanwhile, it´s just a pity that Greece couldn´t even qualify to be present on the next Euro...
But let´s forget about soccer, land conquerings and let´s focus on this alarming thread of the 50ºc (!!!!) on Athens ( let´s hope it reaches 40ºc at least once on the next year!! ). :hehe:

PS: Honestly I´m surprised about your lack of sympathy. I´m used to get focused on the subject, but this time, I think that I was obliged to be a bit more sarcastic.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Spare us from more your sad comparisons among coutries, and talk more about climatology based on factual data. If you solely have WMO data to compare on, just hope to see more opinions like mine. Because it´s a well known fact, WMO officers don´t do claims as yours and won´t support it either. And to ice the cake and support my point, Greece has more weather coverage data on it´s warmest areas than Portugal.

My point remains.
When people used Faro, it was laughable that it didn´t got in last. Anyone who knows the Algarve climatology, think that´s laughable.
Elvas, at around over 300 meters above sea level, was used as well, but more to come, soon!! :lmao:

:lmao:
I don´t know, could you care to explain to me? It´s me that are in a thread of your country, using unconclusive data to explain that my country is warmer than yours ( with the condition that your country must be divided in parts, according to someone decision)?

Amareleja with it´s weather station located on a mountain/plains forest, it´s used on extreme warm climatology comparisons, just because according to IM has the measured highest mean max, (even if IM itself is aware of the existance of warmer places)?? This leads to controversy, sorry, sir... And this tells everything how «well» covered is Portugal in therms of weather stations, because according to agrarian weather stations ( also rare unfortunately) Amareleja is beaten up seriously, and even if we are excluding the warmest areas ( maybe these weather stations could be verified and validated, who knows). But Wow, this thread is getting hilarious... Forest and mountain, for the warmest spot during the summer of continental Portugal, all the way! This is because only WMO says so! :lmao:

Could you post here all the scientific studies that lead you to think that «continental» Iberia has enough «systematic knowledge» on it´s climatology to know that´s less warm than Greece?
Because, with that, you clearly couldn´t use only WMO data, if so, refrain to make more hilarious claims on weather foruns of other countries.

I did mentioned that I loved moronic patriotism? :lmao:
Sure, care to say where?
On the meanwhile, it´s just a pity that Greece couldn´t even qualify to be present on the next Euro...
But let´s forget about soccer, land conquerings and let´s focus on this alarming thread of the 50ºc (!!!!) on Athens ( let´s hope it reaches 40ºc at least once on the next year!! ). :hehe:

PS: Honestly I´m surprised about your lack of sympathy. I´m used to get focused on the subject, but this time, I think that I was obliged to be a bit more sarcastic.

Spare us your moronic bs please mate:lmao: I mean pls do!!!

Just bsc it serves your backward narrative that Portugal is the most underprivileged country in Europe due to lack of stations (oh poor Portugal,let me go make a donation to IP) in warm areas it means jack shit .

In case you forgot ,back in the UK forum I told you that no matter how much u bitch about Greece having super coverage to justify the fact that constantly Greece beats Portugal in warm climatology your moronic claims means zero.In case you forgot there are only two stations with long term data in South Crete with various warm areas of coastal Crete,surrounding Isles and Dodecanese areas without stations.Only this year we placed a new official station in the Messara Valley of Southern Crete and the Sivas station has already made Seville,San Pablo look like Antarctica in mean maxes for the WHOLE SUMMER TRIMESTER.So spare us your bitching mate and go cry us a river somewhere.... in Amareleja preferably? ;)

Meanwhile the systematic knowledge that comes from the WMO data from the long term series of Greek and Iberian climatology shows very clearly that Greece beats Iberia by far in warm climatology.Greece having recorded ALL the warm records in Europe plus having the highest means year round.So spare us your even more moronic claims of WMO not doing proper job to extract climatology info :lmao:

PS.Btw who cares for your internal Portuguese Faro/whatever fairy tales;) Who gives a crap mate?Spare us

Cumulonimbus
Registo
26 Jun 2010
Local
Ponte de Lima (centro)
Spare us your moronic bs please mate:lmao: I mean pls do!!!

Just bsc it serves your backward narrative that Portugal is the most underprivileged country in Europe due to lack of stations (oh poor Portugal,let me go make a donation to IP) in warm areas it means jack shit .

In case you forgot ,back in the UK forum I told you that no matter how u bitch about Greece having super coverage to justify the fact that constantly Greece beats Portugal in warm climatology your moronic claims means zero.In case you forgot there are only two station with long term data in South Crete with various warm areas of coastal Crete,surrounding Isles and Dodecanese areas without stations.So spare us your bitching mate and go cry us a river somewhere.... in Amareleja preferably? ;)

Meanwhile the systematic knowledge that comes from the WMO data from the long term series of Greek and Iberian climatology shows very clearly that Greece beats Iberia by far in warm climatology.Greece having recorded ALL the warm records in Europe plus having the highest means year round.So spare us your even more moronic claims of WMO not doing proper job to extract climatology info :lmao:

Btw who care of your internal Portuguese Faro/whatever fairy tales;) Who gives a crap mate?Spare us

And who cares about ur greece mate? i just care in facts and u cant proove with true facts that greece its more hotter than IB. so spare us seriously

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
«Spare us your moronic bs please mate:lmao: I mean pls do!!!»

Try to find tangible evidence for your claims. Less talk, more production.

«Just bsc it serves your backward narrative that Portugal is the most underprivileged country in Europe due to lack of stations (oh poor Portugal,let me go make a donation to IP) in warm areas it means jack shit .»

Post when you are sober.
Have a nice sleep before.

«In case you forgot ,back in the UK forum I told you that no matter how much u bitch about Greece having super coverage to justify the fact that constantly Greece beats Portugal in warm climatology your moronic claims means zero.In case you forgot there are only two stations with long term data in South Crete with various warm areas of coastal Crete,surrounding Isles and Dodecanese areas without stations.Only this year we placed a new official station in the Messara Valley of Southern Crete and the Sivas station has already made Seville,San Pablo look like Antarctica in mean maxes for the WHOLE SUMMER TRIMESTER.So spare us your bitching mate and go cry us a river somewhere.... in Amareleja preferably? ;)»

Amareleja is fresh locally.
We all know that Greece has more cover on it´s warm areas. For example, just compare 2 variants, between the 2 countries: altitude average of the weather stations, number of weather stations and you´ll get a math answer. Math lies? Of course that lower altitude doesn´t always mean to be warmer, but it´s closer to it, I think.
I see that many warm areas are covered by weather stations in Greece, exactly the opposite of what happens in Portugal. This is due to different human occupation geographical model areas ( weather stations usually follow human activity...).

«Meanwhile the systematic knowledge that comes from the WMO data from the long term series of Greek and Iberian climatology shows very clearly that Greece beats Iberia by far in warm climatology.Greece having recorded ALL the warm records in Europe plus having the highest means year round.So spare us your even more moronic claims of WMO not doing proper job to extract climatology info :lmao:»

Sure. Ask WMO, if they think that IP, have a good weather coverage on it´s warm areas. Go directly to your beloved source and try to learn something from it. On the meanwhile ask IM too, if they think that their weather stations give a nice idea about the warmest areas in Portugal. Do the same for Spain.

«PS.Btw who cares for your internal Portuguese Faro/whatever fairy tales;) Who gives a crap mate?Spare us»

Some people care and think that´s interesting to investigate, like all the members that did posted on the «clima do interior algarvio» thread. Afterall, this is a Portuguese weather forum.
Go there, say the same thing that you did said here and don´t waste more my time.

PS: I think that Algarve inland isn´t the warmest zone of continental Portugal.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Amareleja is fresh locally.
We all know that Greece has more cover on it´s warm areas.

[/U]Portugal.

Sorry but you know jack shit for Greece's coverage!I mean seriously you keep on ranting about Greece having superb coverage when from WMO stations we have only 2 stations with long term data in South Crete!Come on snap out of ur dream narrative and watch Iberia bowing to Greece mate.EACH AND EVERY YEAR ;)

I told you mate and still you didnt get it.This year we placed a brand new station in one of the most extreme geo-morphological areas of South Crete and the outcome was that San Pablo for the JJAS is second best in mean maxes!Spare us!I did not even know about this that I follow Greek climatology like for ever and you are telling me that ''everyone knows'' what? jack shit probably right? ;)

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
And who cares about ur greece mate? i just care in facts and u cant proove with true facts that greece its more hotter than IB. so spare us seriously

Ok just see the long term means of WMO data plus Ian's threads and then you name ONE AREA in Iberia that is warmer annually than Greece or warmer during the summer.I am keen to hear it

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Sorry but you know jack shit for Greece's coverage!I mean seriously you keep on ranting about Greece having superb coverage when from WMO stations we have only 2 stations with long term data in South Crete!;)

Where did I said that Greece had a superb coverage???
I did said that the warm regions in Greece have a better coverage, than Portugal (I see the same happening for Spain, just because it´s scaled up ( bigger country).And I already did explained why. Do you want it again?
In fact, we already did discussed this subject in this forum. Andre, one of the moderators, did provided very useful information.

Come on snap out of ur dream narrative and watch Iberia bowing to Greece mate.EACH AND EVERY YEAR ;) ;)

I would find interesting to know that Greece is warmer than continental Iberia, that actually wouldn´t make it any better, but I just can´t find the evidences yet. Everything still needs more data. :)

I told you mate and still you didnt get it.This year we placed a brand new station in one of the most extreme geo-morphological areas of South Crete and the outcome was that San Pablo for the JJAS is second best in mean maxes!Spare us!I did not even know about this that I follow Greek climatology like for ever and you are telling me that ''everyone knows'' what? jack shit probably right? ;)

Stop with the « jack shit», and «spare us», please.
I want to have a productive and educated discussion. I´m just interested in the truth and I´m fascinated about climatology.
I find very interesting to know that Crete did got another weather station, this is what interests me the most: to gather data about new places.
So you are saying that station surpasses San Pablo in mean maxes for JJAS, so do you have any climatological data from that weather station? Because if you are only comparing data of few years, the results can be misleading.
Also, that Crete new station has pictures? It´s already WMO?
Thanks in advance.

Vince

Furacão
Registo
23 Jan 2007
Local
Braga
Bem, parece que o Verão acabou e Atenas não chegou aos 50ºC. Finalmente há uma justificação para encerrar este tópico que já cansa toda a gente de há muitos meses para cá, uma discussão que nunca conseguiu sair do labirinto em que se aprisionou.

Votos de bom Inverno para todos, se vos apetecer, regressem ao tema ... no próximo Verão.

Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.