Calendário da entrada em funcionamento do Meteosat-12 (MTG-I1)

rbsmr

Nimbostratus
Registo
6 Ago 2007
Local
Cabeça Gorda, Torres Vedras (140m)
"Dear User,

Europe’s first third-generation geostationary Meteosat satellite (MTG-I1, to be renamed Meteosat-12 when operational) will provide unprecedented data for nowcasting of high-impact weather, forecasting, climate and related environmental applications. Enhanced spectral imagery delivered by the Flexible Combined Imager (FCI) and novel lightning flash imagery from the Lightning Imager (LI) will spur weather research such as studies on convective cloud processes.

As the public release of the new MTG-I1 data is approaching, with the distribution of pre-operational FCI L1c data currently planned for October 2023, we have prepared a dedicated web page capturing all you need to know to get ready for accessing and using the data: https://www.eumetsat.int/getting-ready-data-first-mtg-missions.

If you access EUMETSAT data through EUMETCast, please refer to the section ‘Important information for users accessing data via EUMETCast’ which outlines the technical changes required to be ready for the reception of MTG data.

We take the opportunity to pre-announce the launch of our new User Portal, foreseen in the 4th quarter of this year. The new User Portal will not only replace the current EO Portal, it will bring much more – from offering enhanced discovery of all our data and tools for data exploitation, and facilitating access to those, to improving the fitness for purpose of the information we provide to the users of our data. The launch of the new User Portal coinciding with the release of MTG data, you will get to discover it while you access MTG data. More information on this will be communicated in due course.

If you have any questions, our User Helpdesk (ops@eumetsat.int) will be happy to assist you."