Os locais mas quentes do sur de Espanha

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Who is dedalus? I'M FERREIRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on !I have dealt with you in Italian,Spanish,UK,Portuguese forums.Do you think it is so difficult for me to be fooled by your way of writing?

Irrespective of the nicks you use,I am merely pointing out that it was through Mesogeiakos that you focus on Greece more than your focus on Spain!And this is bsc you understand the psychological process of deconstructing a myth has specific effects in our behaviour!

Anyhow soon I will be making some extensive posts on your methodological errors with the data provided by Ian Williams

vitamos

Super Célula
Registo
11 Dez 2007
Local
Estarreja
I'm realy not interested in deconstruction of certain forumer data!

Once and for all: Let's talk about REAL and OFICIAL data. Otherwise this starting to look much more a war, than a serious discussion.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
I'm realy not interested in deconstruction of certain forumer data!

Once and for all: Let's talk about REAL and OFICIAL data. Otherwise this starting to look much more a war, than a serious discussion.

Well yes the real and official data climatologically say that South Greece has the highest mean annual temps in Europe officially and within a year we can see this.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Come on !I have dealt with you in Italian,Spanish,UK,Portuguese forums.Do you think it is so difficult for me to be fooled by your way of writing?

Irrespective of the nicks you use,I am merely pointing out that it was through Mesogeiakos that you focus on Greece more than your focus on Spain!And this is bsc you understand the psychological process of deconstructing a myth has specific effects in our behaviour!

Anyhow soon I will be making some extensive posts on your methodological errors with the data provided by Ian Williams

E que de novo esta afirmando que eu tenho outros nicks!!! Este individuo somente participa para insultarme. Isto é increivel. E os moderadores consinten isto???

Estou trabalhando com os dados oficiais de AEMET e HNMS. E precisamente porque ja sabia que este personagem diria que os dados sao falsos me tomo la molestia de pegar las imagenes con los DATOS OFICIALES TODOS LOS DÍAS.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Here are a few methodological mistakes we have pointed out from Britain

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=38790&start=361&posts=380

Follow the link please.I will try to make a collection of those mistakes and post them here once I get all the data from Ian as well

Eu somente trabalho com os dados que publica AEMET
Estou desejando saber porque os dados de AEMET tem erros :lmao:
Isto si que e divertido. Os dados de AEMET tem erros. O afirma un personagem de nacionalidade grega chamado Mesogeiakos :lol:

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Well,it might be ''utterly absurd'' for you but this is easily explained by the fact that you live in the IP.So off course when a myth is deconstructed in our eyes we tend to not believe anything.

The only myth is the one that you are trying to create.

For example how many people knew that Attica in Greece can climatologically challenge any area in the continent in the summer means?Who knew in IP that Athens can challenge the warmest areas of Andalusia and win in each and every point? Apart from that who was aware that it was Athens the area to have the highest temperature ever to be recorded in Europe and in fact in two suburbs simultaneously and also the highest frequency of temperatures over 45C in Europe just next to the sea?Who was aware that Athens's port can have minimums in the summer at par with the Red Sea?.

About the basic question « who knew», I guess that no one in Greece ( not even climatologists) try to publish anything scientific regarding that subject because they are well aware of their limitations. Data is scanty and results can be ( more probably) misleading.We are not in 2050 or in 2100.

Let's us not kid ourselves,my presence in the meteoforums has done two serious things

a.It has deconstructed all the myths of warm climatology regarding Europe

b.It has created a strong interest for Greece's warm climatology.Just look at this thread.How many post of Ferreiro are for Spain and how many are for Greece?If I count them I think he focuses more to Greece than Iberia!That is a victory in itself

So why follow the logic of people who live in IP and go to rounds answering random things in order to treat their insecurities?I am merely providing official info from the current official climatological knowledge we currently have!And to this extent i am always backed up officially by AEMET . HNMS, IN, Metoffice etc in what I say.

You should know that Greece has a good reputation of being very warm on the summer. Saying otherwise is bullshit.
Short term data worries me, you know... About 4 years ago, my sister and her friend went to Greek islands ( on August), in the 3 days that she was there, the temperatures hardly went over 24ºc degrees, the nights were a bit freshy, it was windy and even on 1 day she got rain ( drizzle)... Fortunately that the sea was at 24ºc or so, if not she would end her 3 vacation days outside of the coast.
When she arrived at Lisbon it was 32ºc, clear sky...
So, I would say that using short term data, as it´s being used can lead us to dangerous conclusions. Lisbon, has variations in the summer ( some places are much warmer than the others), locally can be similar to some parts of Greek lowlands on the summer, but that´s fishy, you know...
And I´m not insecure about nothing, I´m well aware of both countries advantages and disadvantages.You cherry pick information instead ( you don´t like certain meteorological data), but I´m more worried about the quality of climatological data posted, not about others preferences... Certain data that you post here, is taken from weather stations that have NO conditions to pick up official data, however they are classified as official... That´s why I asked for pictures of the weather stations.
Actually some amateur weather stations, have more conditions to measure data than many official ones. And for me what´s more important is serious measuring, not weather stations near bakers that have an official stamp on them.

Southern Greece is really unbeatable and this is not a making of Mesogeiakos.By the end of the year it will become obvious that the mean temps of the South Greece will be by far superior to any area of the IP even with record breaking conditions in IP...It is maths and science and as I said I have been studying the warm climatology of Europe and Greece more than 15 years.

Talking about raw science, even places that aren´t located in the warmest places of Iberia, are pretty close in temperatures, comparing with the much more studied warmest spots of Greece, which is actually shocking I would say. In fact, I thought that Greece would be warmer than that, but it´s warm anyway, no doubt...
If we start to located the warmest posts in big Iberia and start to measure data there, things can be tough...
It´s even funny, the fact that people is aware of modern weather data showing a completely false idea about how really warm is Iberia and still is use it´s data to compare with some of the warmest places in Europe.
The more laughable last happening is measure a record at shade inside a forest ( Amareleja) on an high place ( Morena mountain system?)...
People talk about low wind movements, but forests are usually much fresher on the summer,( we don´t need to think on rocket science) we know about radiation, we know about shady places, we know that water lower the temperature maximum during daytime ( leaves are full of water for example, and clearly radiate it...). This is my opinion about it.
This is just one example, between so many others.

Greece has a unique climate in Europe,holding all the warm records of the continent both in the summer and the winter and its complexity is highlighted with all the relevant info that are provided.You see belem it is this deconstruction that I have achieved that is making you and most of Iberianos react so strongly to Greece's climatology...

Which unique climate is that?
Well, I guess that each climate in the world or space is unique.
Regarding your so called warm climatology, I guess that you have a problem, which is called : scanty data!
Scanty data can give us misleading results. I have been warning you about this countless times, but you don´t pay attention. Honestly, if you were interested on the truth, you would refrain on making more assumptions, but you don´t...

Finally,Ian Williams and myself have spotted the methodological errors of Dedalus in his calculations and we will be presenting them here soon!

As we say in Greek...Εις το επανιδειν!;)

I would also like to know about your antagonism about Rivaz and about Bioclimatics...

stormy

Super Célula
Registo
7 Ago 2008
Local
Lisboa
Isto é uma conversa curiosa sobre uma maneira curiosa de fazer climatologia...
-Rivaz-martines?..não gosto, não gosto..
-Koppen?..não presta, não presta..
-Médias a longo termo?...não...só ponho dados que me interessam..
-Medições de Tmed diaria?...á minha maneira e é do jeito que me favorece ( depende dos dias)..

...etc...

Este tópico para mim está acabado, não vale a pena falar com gente demagógica e que tenta impor ideias com base em dados manipulados e/ou errados e que depois se mete com sensacionalismos e alimenta discussões infantis e retrogadas:mad:

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
But belem this is what I say about answering random questions that have been answered time and time again.I mean if I was to follow this logic then I would have little or no time collecting data and doing research.

The important issue here is to understand that from the data collection of quality controlled sources that are officially recognized we get at least an idea.The limitations are known ,however this does not change certain aspects such as the fact that from the current climatological knowledge we have locations in Greece are consistently warmer than any place of the continent.

For example people in Spain and Portugal will be assuming that IP is warmer merely due to lack of understanding of the climate of other warm areas and specifically Greece.We are obviously not substituting science here.We are merely pointing out that from the current climatological knowledge at hand (and a bit of independent thinking does not hurt) South Greece is really deconstructing all we know about warm climatology.We could say yes off course it was expected but merely highlighting this causes strong reactions.

This is something that might be examined within the remit of Psychology.For example the reactionary process of people living in Iberia when faced with official data from Greece but in an more let's say ''obvious'' way.Then retaliation,denial,cooling off period etc.In this way we see that little by little people will inevitably start paying more and more attention to details that had not come to their attention.In this respect I think this thread is let's say a ''victory'' to raising attention to unexplored issues around warm climatology of Europe.

In any case,the climatological data can have fallacies and mistakes and yes I am with you on the issues of over generalizations but this does not mean that the current data at hand are not an important starting point in understanding the obvious:Which is that South Greece is Europe's warmest area annually.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Este foro lo cree yo y aquí nadie obliga a entrar en el.
Pienso que es interesante seguir las temperaturas en el sur de España y sur de Grecia en este 2011.
Eso es lo que es: un estudio de las temperaturas durante este 2011. Nada mas.
Yo no escondo nada, uso sólo datos oficiales de AEMET y HNMS (que es el equivalente a AEMET), y siempre pongo el enlace para que se vea que no escondo nada.
Es cierto que algunos días AEMET no ofrece el dato de algunas ciudades y por eso los datos quedan incompletos. Pero es lo que hay. Entonces dejo la casilla en blanco. En ese otro foro ingles prefieren suponer la temperatura y asi calculan con los datos parciales que tienen cual puede haber sido la temperatura media. En mi opinion eso no es correcto, pero alla cada uno con sus foros ¿Quien comete mas errores? Yo creo que es evidente.

Por mi parte solo he usado hasta ahora los datos oficiales de AEMET y HNMS y asi voy a seguir haciendolo. Tengo la conciencia tranquila.

Todo esta polemica que esta montando el griego es porque las temperaturas en este 2011 no estan siendo las que él esperaba. Como no lo soporta pretende destruir el topic. Pero no lo va a conseguir.

Como decimos en mi tierra a palabras necias oidos sordos.

Lo unico que le pido a los moderadores es que no permitan que me insulte. Basta ya de llamarme dedalus y no se que mas. Yo soy Ferreiro!!!!!!

Hasta mañana. Cuando volveré como siempre con los datos oficiales de AEMET y HNMS mal que alguno le pese.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Ahora que la pequeña ola de frio que afectó estos dias a la peninsula iberica se esta yendo las temperaturas en Malaga suben cada dia mas.

Ultima hora. Por encima de 21ºC.

Apuesto a que la costa de Malaga terminará el mes por encima de 16ºC. No veo posible tal temperatura media en ningun otro lugar de Europa en este marzo de 2011 salvo las islas del Atlantico y si acaso en alguna estación del Sur de Portugal pegada al mar. Mas no lo creo porque Ayamonte hasta ahora tiene una temperatura media de 11,9ºC.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
The important issue here is to understand that from the data collection of quality controlled sources that are officially recognized we get at least an idea.The limitations are known ,however this does not change certain aspects such as the fact that from the current climatological knowledge we have locations in Greece are consistently warmer than any place of the continent..

We have very few, scanty and scattered data showing that Greece is probably warmer than some other few, scanty and scattered points from Iberia or Italy, which turns any generalistic conclusion too biased in my point of view.
It would be logical to assume that Iberia wouldn´t have warmer places than the ones that we already know, if data was collected on the some of the warmest places or it´s surface would be far too small to have significant variations or it´s geography would be far too simple ( plains only plains like that), but obviously this is not the case...And this is backed up by official studies ( like the one around the warmest places in continental Portugal during the 3 warmest months ( and even this one is a bit limited)). So let´s be a bit more realistic please...
I wouldn´t assume, for example, that Ecuador is colder than Iberia or Greece, just because the most used weather station from there is Quito...
This may be a bit extreme example, but does show up how limited we can be.

For example people in Spain and Portugal will be assuming that IP is warmer merely due to lack of understanding of the climate of other warm areas and specifically Greece.We are obviously not substituting science here.We are merely pointing out that from the current climatological knowledge at hand (and a bit of independent thinking does not hurt) South Greece is really deconstructing all we know about warm climatology.We could say yes off course it was expected but merely highlighting this causes strong reactions.

There are different reasons to have strong reactions.
Some can be because of more obscure reasons, others because of more rational reasons.
I guess that this forum reaction, fortunately has been closer to the second reason.
We have the right to doubt, because data has been cherrypicked and it´s very limited.

This is something that might be examined within the remit of Psychology.For example the reactionary process of people living in Iberia when faced with official data from Greece but in an more let's say ''obvious'' way.Then retaliation,denial,cooling off period etc.In this way we see that little by little people will inevitably start paying more and more attention to details that had not come to their attention.In this respect I think this thread is let's say a ''victory'' to raising attention to unexplored issues around warm climatology of Europe.

Mesogeiakos let me be sincer with you.
Here in Portugal, most people that I talk with, think that Greece has a Middle East climate. Basically MUCH warmer than it really is. Heat all year round or around that, 40ºc all summer days, etc...
My sister, for example, went there with that idea ( ah she´s psychologist, btw...).
And you are right, this discussion at least, despite being somewhat limited, debunks some myths.
I still think that Greece is warm, don´t worry, but well, it´s it...
About being the warmest on Europe, I don´t have any little idea. I don´t know.

In any case,the climatological data can have fallacies and mistakes and yes I am with you on the issues of over generalizations but this does not mean that the current data at hand are not an important starting point in understanding the obvious:Which is that South Greece is Europe's warmest area annually.

It´s obvious in your opinion, but it´s not obvious for most people and for science ( nothing published about it yet).
Limited data, give us limited conclusions... More logical than this, is impossible to get.
Unless Iberia is the size of Malta, I keep saying this.

Snark

Cumulus
Registo
24 Nov 2005
Local
Villalba (Madrid 917mtr 60.000habitantes)
Ahora que la pequeña ola de frio que afectó estos dias a la peninsula iberica se esta yendo las temperaturas en Malaga suben cada dia mas.

Where was the Cold Spell? maybe I was in another country and I didnt see that

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Ja tenho as temperaturas oficiais de ontem de AEMET (Espanha) e HNMS(Grécia).
É destacable que as temperaturas na costa do Mediterrâneo (Málaga) são muito mais quentes que a costa do Atlântico (Huelva).
Os ventos frescos do Atlântico nao sempre conseguem chegar até a costa de Málaga.
As temperaturas medias oficiais ontem.
Malaga Puerto 18,3ºC Fuengirola 17,4ºC
Rodos 15ºC Palaiohora (Creta) 15,3ºC
Desculpe se alguém está com raiva. Mas nao e a minha culpa. Neste inverno 2011 a costa de Málaga é muito mais quente que as ilhas gregas. Nao sao dados meus são dados oficiais de AEMET e HNMS.