Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.

Golden Fields

Cirrus
Registo
8 Ago 2010
Local
Coimbra, Capital do Amor Eterno
Portugal and Greece are identical countries in area/population.

Portugal has a bit more population, Greece has a bit more area.
Portugal has much more sea.

Portugal has more mediterranean landscape than Greece - 80% mountais. (Larissa isn't the 3rd greek city and Thessaloniki is very cold in winter, the Mediterranean Sea freeze :eek:) This is impossbile in Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra (sea or rivers).

MELTÉMI !!

:lol:

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Portugal and Greece are identical countries in area/population.

Portugal has a bit more population, Greece has a bit more area.
Portugal has much more sea.

Portugal has more mediterranean landscape than Greece - 80% mountais. (Larissa isn't the 3rd greek city and Thessaloniki is very cold in winter, the Mediterranean Sea freeze :eek:) This is impossbile in Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra (sea or rivers).

MELTÉMI !!

:lol:

Greece has a bit more of land area, but much less of sea area.

Population in 2010:

Portugal - 10.637.713

Greece- 11.305.118

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/tg...tion=1&footnotes=yes&labeling=labels&plugin=1

Golden Fields

Cirrus
Registo
8 Ago 2010
Local
Coimbra, Capital do Amor Eterno
Population
Portugal - 11,1 millions
Greece - 10,9 millions

Portugal has a bit more population.
Greece has a bit more area thanks East Thrace, stolen to Bulgaria and the their asiatic islands near their Turkish neighboors.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Population
Portugal - 11,1 millions
Greece - 10,9 millions

Portugal has a bit more population.
Greece has a bit more area thanks East Thrace, stolen to Bulgaria and the their asiatic islands near their Turkish neighboors.

Source for the population? Wikipedia, which also uses sources, also says that Greece has more population.
And no, Greece hasn´t more area overall.
It has a bit more of land area, but much less of sea area.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Regarding the warmest place in Europe, I don´t have any clue.

I do and these are the stations of Ierapetra and Karpathos in Greece according to the warmest means of Europe in longterm timeseries.Possibly other areas could beat those values however from official meteorological stations Ierapetra and Karpathos beat any area of the commonly accepted borders of geographical Europe.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens

Are u like kidding me mate?Are u here to evoke political discussions for Greece?Or do u have any burning issue with Greece's policies?

In any case Greece defeated Bulgaria during the Balkan wars and ceded those areas through the act of war.Greece didn't steal anything from anyone.The same goes for the Islands.If you wanna do politics on Greece take it elsewhere.

Oh and btw just bsc you like national antagonism let me remind you that next time that you refer to Greece's islands as asiatic remember that it was through Greece that the European and western civilization started ( apart from the fact that Kasterolizo is the only area of Greece in geographical Asia) .Just in case you missed that in school.I take it they teach you these stuff even in your motherland (is it Bulgaria?).Also in case you forgot Europe is a Greek word.Now pls dont make me more angry with ur nationalistic bs regarding Greece's victories over Bulgaria.If you have an issue with Greece's victories in the Balkan Wars over Bulgaria,Turkey and Serbia take it elsewhere

Oh and finally Greece has both more population and land area compared to Portugal.This is what is meant by saying Greece is a larger country.

GREECE
Area
- Total 131,990 km2 (96th)
50,944 sq mi
- Water (%) 0.8669
Population
- 2010 estimate 11,305,118[5] (74th)
- 2001 census 10,964,020[6]
- Density 85.3/km2 (88th)
221.0/sq mi
GDP (PPP) 2010 estimate
- Total $318.082 billion[7]
- Per capita $28,433[7]
GDP (nominal) 2010 estimate
- Total $305.415 billion[7]
- Per capita $27,301[7]

PORTUGAL

Area
- Total 92,090 km2 (110th)
35,645 sq mi
- Water (%) 0.5
Population
- February 2011 estimate 10,647,763[2] (77th)
- 2001 census 10,355,824
- Density 114/km2 (87th)
295/sq mi
GDP (PPP) 2010 estimate
- Total $234.945 billion[3]
- Per capita $22,027[3]
GDP (nominal) 2010 estimate
- Total $225.972 billion[3]
- Per capita $21,185[3]

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
I do and these are the stations of Ierapetra and Karpathos in Greece according to the warmest means of Europe in longterm timeseries.Possibly other areas could beat those values however from official meteorological stations Ierapetra and Karpathos beat any area of the commonly accepted borders of geographical Europe.

I would say that it doesn´t beat, because quite probably there are warmer areas. But I respect your opinion, I don´t have any problems with that.

And yes, while Greece is a bit bigger on land area, is much smaller in sea area.
If you want I can put numbers and sources.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
And yes, while Greece is a bit bigger on land area, is much smaller in sea area.
If you want I can put numbers and sources.

Really?Greece has a much smaller sea area than Portugal?This seems surprising indeed.I looked in wiki and it gives Greece a higher percentage.Do u have the sources pls? Does Portugal have all the area between mainland IP and Azores and Madeira?Doesnt some fall in international jurisdiction?

Let me note however than in terms of coastlines Greece has one of the biggest coastlines in the world due to its islands.I think Greece is among the top 10 or top 15 countries in the world in terms of coastlines.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Really?Greece has a much smaller sea area than Portugal?This seems surprising indeed.I looked in wiki and it gives Greece a higher percentage.Do u have the sources pls? Does Portugal have all the area between mainland IP and Azores and Madeira?Doesnt some fall in international jurisdiction?

Let me note however than in terms of coastlines Greece has one of the biggest coastlines in the world due to its islands.I think Greece is among the top 10 or top 15 countries in the world in terms of coastlines.

Higher percentage? When you talk about these kind of surfaces, you usually use m2 or Km2.

For sources just google : Portugal ZEE and you´ll have several sources.
Portugal has currently 1.727.408 Km2, but very probably will increase to around 3.027.408 km².

There´s a thread about that on this forum:

http://www.meteopt.com/forum/biosfera-atmosfera/amazonia-azul-4824.html

Of course that international waters are excluded.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Higher percentage? When you talk about these kind of surfaces, you usually use m2 or Km2.

For sources just google : Portugal ZEE and you´ll have several sources.
Portugal has currently 1.727.408 Km2, but very probably will increase to around 3.027.408 km².

There´s a thread about that on this forum:

http://www.meteopt.com/forum/biosfera-atmosfera/amazonia-azul-4824.html

Of course that international waters are excluded.

Yes now I see,i think bsc of the fact that Portugal has a large sea area outside the IP that gives the high number regarding the sea area.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Mesogeiakos no longer provides data from that English forum in which he participates.
It's a garbage forum, where they compare weather stations in the center of a large city (Athens) with others located at airports (Seville, Faro and Palermo), away from the city center and without heat island. Moreover, in that english forum they change official data!!!
All that is to show that Athens is the warmest city in Europe!!!
But even doing so with those traps they don't get the desired result.
Athens is the coolest even cheating:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=38790&start=421&posts=436

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
A simpatica classificaçao feita com modificaçaos dos dados oficiais!!!, e ainda asim, Atenas (as 2 estaçaos mais quentes da cidade, localizadas no downtown da cidade) em ultima posiçao :)

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
A ubicaçao das estaçaos de Atenas que usa Mesogeiakos é de risa.
Atenas-Thiseio está no centro da cidade. A mancha de cor branca que tem á dereita é a Acropolis. Muito perto da estrela vermelha, que marca no google earth o centro da cidade, esta a estaçao de Atenas-Gazi (ou Gkazi).

Nao comparam faro-aeroporto, sevilla-aeroporto ou Palermo-aeroporto com Atenas-aeroporto, nao!!!. Comparam os aeroportos dessas cidades com o centro de Atenas :lmao:.

Por certo que se querem saber os dados oficiais do aeroporto de Atenas (chamado Spata) e as demais estaçaos oficiais de Atenas, no seguinte link. Olhem que as temperaturas do aeroporto sao em geral muito mais frescas que as do interior da cidade (Thiseio e Gazi, que nem sequer sao estaçaos oficiais do HNMS):
http://www.hnms.gr/hnms/english/observation/yesterday_html?&dr_region=ObsAttiki

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Here is an article posted in Greece's biggest blog earlier this month.Check it out,its interesting and pretty much replicates the news of the 50C estimated from the Greek Ministry of Climate Change and also the European record

Παρασκευή, 6 Μαΐου 2011

Αθήνα : πανευρωπαϊκό ρεκόρ θερμοκρασίας με 48.0°c το 1977 ενω συντομα στους 50.0°c σύμφωνα με τις αρχές

Το ξερετε οτι οσοι ζουμε στην Αθηνα εχουμε την ‘’τυχη’’ να ζουμε στην θερμοτερη πολη της Ευρωπης το καλοκαιρι;
Συμφωνα με τον Παγκοσμιο Μετεωρολογικο Οργανισμο (WMO) η Αθηνα εχει καταγραψει την υψηλοτερη θερμοκρασια στην Ευρωπη με 48 βαθμους Κελσιου .
Η θερμοκρασια αυτη καταγραφηκε στις 10 Ιουλιου 1977 στην Ελευσινα και στο Τατοι.Προκειται για την υψηλοτερη θερμοκρασια που εχει ποτε σημειωθει στην Ευρωπαικη Ηπειρο απο επισημους επαγγελματικους μετεωρολογικους σταθμους. Μια θερμοκρασια που δεν εχει μετρηθει ποτε αλλοτε σε επισημο επιπεδο.

http://wmo.asu.edu/europe-highest-temperature

Η ιδιαιτερα πολυπλοκη γεωμορφολογια της Αθηνας καθιστα την πολη ευαισθητη σε εξαιρετικα θερμα καλοκαιρια μιας και τα βουνα που την περικυκλωνουν ειναι υπευθυνα για την εξαιρετικα ασφυκτικη κατασταση που βιωνει η Αθηνα το καλοκαιρι,καθως εκεινα μπλοκαρουν το μελτεμι και καθιστουν την Αθηνα το Ευρωπαικο καμινι.
Μαλιστα ο εκπρόσωπος της χώρας μας Δημήτρης Λάλας,προειδοποίησε ότι τα επόμενα χρόνια η θερμοκρασία στην Αθήνα μπορεί να φτάσει στους 50 βαθμούς Κελσίου και η στάθμη της θάλασσας να ανέβει κατά ένα μέτρο, με μη αναστρέψιμες επιπτώσεις στις καλλιέργειες και τον τουρισμό.
Τις βιβλικές καταστροφές που προκαλεί το φαινόμενο του θερμοκηπίου στο περιβάλλον, περιέγραψαν αναλυτικά εκπρόσωποι από 13 Μεσογειακές χώρες κατά την διάρκεια του διήμερου συνεδρίου για την κλιματική αλλαγή που διοργανώθηκε με πρωτοβουλία του Πρωθυπουργού και αποσκοπεί στην αφύπνιση των μικρών κρατών απέναντι στον Αρμαγεδώνα του κλίματος.

http://www.deltiokairou.gr/news/50-vathmoi-kelsioy-se-liga-xronia-sthn-athhna.831131.html

Ειναι εξαιρετικα σημαντικο οι Αθηναιοι να γνωριζουν πως η πολη τους εχει το δυναμικο να καταγραφει τις υψηλοτερες θερμοκρασιες στην Ευρωπη και πως ενδεχεται να ειναι η πρωτη περιοχη στην ηπειρο που θα δει 50 βαθμους . Οι κατοικοι της Αθηνας οφειλουν να ενημερωνονται συστηματικα για τις επιπτωσεις που θα εχουν τετοιες θερμοκρασιες .Ηδη οι Αθηναιοι γνωριζουν απο πρωτο χερι το καλοκαιρι καμινι της πρωτευουσας,παραμενει ομως επιτακτικη αναγκη να βρισκονται σε συνεχη εγρηγορση για θερμοκρασιες ρεκορ.
http://tro-ma-ktiko.blogspot.com/20...utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/hyMBI+(tromaktiko)

Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.