Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Meaning obviously that Nicosia is much warmer than any area in Europe in the summer.Still no comparison with Baghdad though.

Nicosia has mean maxes for long term data in July and August around 37C.Thats unbeatable,no area in Europe can compete with the interior of the Messaoria valley in Cyprus.Especially the free Greek part of the island in its interior has tremendous mean maxes but obviously Cyprus is in west Asia geographically.

Even September has a mean max close to 34(!)
http://www.worldweather.org/104/c01441.htm

The JJA mean max for Nicosia is 35.83C this is like....huge!No area even in political Europe can get anywhere near this

You see,Greeks go where heat does!heheheh

Cyprus isn´t separated from Greece?
I mean officially, etc, etc...?
Regarding your temperature opinion and so on , I won´t comment.

Very interesting data, Ferreiro.
Keep posting.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
As mediçaos dos satelites da temperatura da superficie do solo nao deixam duvidas. Grecia esta muito por detras da peninsula iberica e sicilia em calor. Somente mediçaos dubidosas e ilha de calor brutal podem colocar ás estaçaos meteorologicas de Atenas por diante.

duncan

Cumulus
Registo
24 Set 2006
Local
palmela
As mediçaos dos satelites da temperatura da superficie do solo nao deixam duvidas. Grecia esta muito por detras da peninsula iberica e sicilia em calor. Somente mediçaos dubidosas e ilha de calor brutal podem colocar ás estaçaos meteorologicas de Atenas por diante.

ola,eu nem sei como Atenas ja conseguiu chegar aos 48cº,pois ja pesquisei os dados da estaçao oficial de atenas do aeroporto,apesar da media da temperatura maxima rondar os 33 34c fica longe dos 40,mas reparei que as minimas sao muito elevadas quase sempre acima dos 20c dando uma sensaçao termica desconfortável.pelo contrário Sevilha com facilidade chega aos 40 e muitas vezes ta la muito proximo,alias acho que Amareleja que ja chegou aos 47,4(recorde nacional)tem as medias das maximas mais altas que Atenas.

tenho uma duvida em relaçao ás temperatura tiradas por satélite,70c?,mas a maxima mundial nao fo 58c na libia.O satelite nao tem em consideraçao as regras da temperatura ao Abrigo,protegido do sol?

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
O registro oficial de Atenas-Tatoi é ainda mais improvável. Tem um máximo de 48.0ºC (exactamente assim como Elefsina)

http://www.hnms.gr/hnms/english/climatology/climatology_region_diagrams_html?dr_city=Tatoi

O problema é que Tatoi é uma estaçao meteorologica localizada ao norte de Atenas, em altitude, 235 metros, por isso suas temperaturas são sempre mais frescas do que o resto da cidade.

And the record of Europe off course.

Meanwhile Nea Filadelfeia,Athens has a mean maximum of 35.87C so far for July-August 2011.The highest out of ALL HNMS stations in Greece.

While you have a psychological problem with the 40C mark here are the maxes of Athens hottest station!

ola,eu nem sei como Atenas ja conseguiu chegar aos 48cº,pois ja pesquisei os dados da estaçao oficial de atenas do aeroporto,apesar da media da temperatura maxima rondar os 33 34c fica longe dos 40,mas reparei que as minimas sao muito elevadas quase sempre acima dos 20c dando uma sensaçao termica desconfortável.pelo contrário Sevilha com facilidade chega aos 40 e muitas vezes ta la muito proximo,alias acho que Amareleja que ja chegou aos 47,4(recorde nacional)tem as medias das maximas mais altas que Atenas.

tenho uma duvida em relaçao ás temperatura tiradas por satélite,70c?,mas a maxima mundial nao fo 58c na libia.O satelite nao tem em consideraçao as regras da temperatura ao Abrigo,protegido do sol?

Hi my friend.Why are you looking only the data of the Athens Airport which is by the sea?Hellenikon airport has hot maximums only when we have the Meltemi winds in Athens.The rest of the summer the sea breeze keeps the temps lower.

Look below the data of the hottest area of Athens and you will get an idea of how it can reach 48C.
Let me remind you that the Filadelfeia HNMS station in 2007 registered 47.5C.Here are the data of N.Filadelfeia station so far this summer

captureid.jpg

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Cyprus isn´t separated from Greece?
I mean officially, etc, etc...?
Regarding your temperature opinion and so on , I won´t comment.

Very interesting data, Ferreiro.
Keep posting.

off course Cyprus is seperated from Greece.I am just commenting on the fact that the warmest area of political Europe during the summer is again inhabited by Greeks ;)

So we have 2/2.Greeks live in the warmest area of geo Europe during the summer in Attica and the same goes with political Europe with Cyprus:)

Greece is only a guarantor power to Cyprus officially from 1960.Meaning that Greece guarantees politically and military wise the existence of the Greeks on the island with the official capacity to intervene in Cyprus when and if the Greeks on the island are in danger.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
off course Cyprus is seperated from Greece.I am just commenting on the fact that the warmest area of political Europe during the summer is again inhabited by Greeks ;)

So we have 2/2.Greeks live in the warmest area of geo Europe during the summer in Attica and the same goes with political Europe with Cyprus:)

Greece is only a guarantor power to Cyprus officially from 1960. Meaning that Greece guarantees politically and military wise the existence of the Greeks on the island with the official capacity to intervene in Cyprus when and if the Greeks on the island are in danger.

I think that´s pointless for this debate, just curious nevertheless. Certain human populations can adaptate and demand for political rights in foreign countries. Portuguese and Spanish settled even in Equatorial regions in South America and Africa.

But, regarding the political Europe comparison, Canary islands and Madeira islands are warmer than Cyprus, on year average. At least, both have warmer regions, than the warmest places of Cyprus that I currently know.
And I´m basing partly on old series data from Macaronesia, compared with the last data of Cyprus that I have seen.
I don´t see the big point on all this, as I think that´s expected... But Cyprus isn´t less interesting because of this.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
And the record of Europe off course.

Meanwhile Nea Filadelfeia,Athens has a mean maximum of 35.87C so far for July-August 2011.The highest out of ALL HNMS stations in Greece.

While you have a psychological problem with the 40C mark here are the maxes of Athens hottest station!

Hi my friend.Why are you looking only the data of the Athens Airport which is by the sea?Hellenikon airport has hot maximums only when we have the Meltemi winds in Athens.The rest of the summer the sea breeze keeps the temps lower.

Look below the data of the hottest area of Athens and you will get an idea of how it can reach 48C.
Let me remind you that the Filadelfeia HNMS station in 2007 registered 47.5C.Here are the data of N.Filadelfeia station so far this summer

captureid.jpg

De eses dados (oficiais ou nao) o que vemos é que igual que Elefsina, fracasou em chegar a os 40ºC este verao, em pese a que Filadelfia é uma estaçao meteorológica localizada no interior da cidade de Atenas, pelo que debido a sua famosa contaminaçao desacredita completamente as elevadas temperaturas.

Andujar tem até agora em agosto 39.2ºC de media das temperaturas máximas. Montoro 39.0ºC. Sevilla Aeroporto 37.5ºC. Sem ilha de calor.
http://www.tiempodiario.com/tiempo-mensual/2011-08/?order=t.tmed_max-DESC

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
I think that´s pointless for this debate, just curious nevertheless.
Portuguese or Spanish people live and thrive even in tropical regions.

But, regarding political Europe for example, Canary islands and Madeira islands are warmer than Cyprus, on year average. At least, both have warmer regions, than the warmest places of Cyprus that I currently know.
And I´m basing on old series data from Macaronesia, compared with the last data of Cyprus that I have seen.

Uma comparaçao entre Chipre e Canarias/Açores/Madeira é absurda.
Em chipre há geadas a nivel do mar, coisa impossivel nas ilhas Canarias, Madeira...

Este inverno em Nicosia
http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsodres?ind=175210-99999&ord=DIR&ano=2011&mes=03&day=01&ndays=31

Todo Chipre um día do pasado fevereiro
http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsodres?mode=1&state=Cyp&ind=&ord=REV&ano=2011&mes=02&day=03&ndays=

Se falamos de temperaturas medias ja é de risa. Em Canarias há locais com mais de 20ºC em janeiro de 2011 (é o habitual):
http://www.tiempodiario.com/tiempo-mensual/2011-01/?order=t.tmed-DESC

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Digo ainda mais: é fisicamente impossivel que em um pais europeo (Grecia) a temperatura máxima ocurra na costa (Atenas-Elefsina 48.0ºC) ou muito menos num alto em frente da costa (Atenas-Tatoi 48.0ºC), e em Grecia menos que em ningum outro, ja que Grecia tem muitisimos vales fechados no interior.
Se Atenas tem a maxima oficial em Grecia somente pode ser debido a um erro na mediçao ou á actividade humana.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
I think that´s pointless for this debate, just curious nevertheless. Certain human populations can adaptate and demand for political rights in foreign countries. Portuguese and Spanish settled even in Equatorial regions in South America and Africa.

But, regarding the political Europe comparison, Canary islands and Madeira islands are warmer than Cyprus, on year average. At least, both have warmer regions, than the warmest places of Cyprus that I currently know.
And I´m basing partly on old series data from Macaronesia, compared with the last data of Cyprus that I have seen.
I don´t see the big point on all this, as I think that´s expected... But Cyprus isn´t less interesting because of this.

I was referring to warmest DURING THE SUMMER in Political Europe.

Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.