Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
Sparta is not a match.

I wish it was.

I already did put some questions on this thread, but it were somewhat ignored or simply overlooked...

So where are the observations for Seville, from the last years?

On UK forum, it were surprisingly close to Crete (though below).

Oh yes Sparta is a match.From the available data I doubt that any area in Portugal can beat it.I can also ''estimate'' ,re ''estimate'' or cry my balls out but Sparta will be a tough one for Portugal to beat ;)

As for Seville.Spare me.Go to Ogimet and see for your self.South Crete beats the crap out of it for the relevant period.It's not a matter of ''wishing''.On the UK forum it was ''surprisingly'' close since last year was the colder on record for Palaiohora since records began for the NOA station and one of the warmest for Seville.It's a fact that South Crete simply rules,I am not gonna do the research for u.Calculate the Seville means from Ogimet and see how Seville is nothing compared to South Crete :)

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Oh yes Sparta is a match.From the available data I doubt that any area in Portugal can beat it.I can also ''estimate'' ,re ''estimate'' or cry my balls out but Sparta will be a tough one for Portugal to beat ;)

As for Seville.Spare me.Go to Ogimet and see for your self.South Crete beats the crap out of it for the relevant period.It's not a matter of ''wishing''.On the UK forum it was ''surprisingly'' close since last year was the colder on record for Palaiohora since records began for the NOA station and one of the warmest for Seville.It's a fact that South Crete simply rules,I am not gonna do the research for u.Calculate the Seville means from Ogimet and see how Seville is nothing compared to South Crete :)

Let´s keep the discussion informative and educated, please.

Well, the study that I´m talking about is official and it was publicated.

And we already had a discussion around it, on this forum.

Even Campo Maior, a fresh location in North Alentejo (open land, not valley) got a bit over 34ºc for the warmest month (climatological average).

A place close to Alcoutim, Moura, etc...; the same story... 34ºc is nothing special, in my opinion.
About Seville, I was just trying to compare data from the last years, since you are active in UK forum, I thought that you would know something about it.
On some ocasions that I had a look on it (fortunately I have more important things to do), Seville was doing surprisingly fine.

Having in mind that Seville isn´t the warmest place in continental Iberia, that would turn the subject a bit more interesting.

Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
Let´s keep the discussion informative and educated, please.

And we do that is why we try and compare data.A random single study does not say anything per se.I am also not sure that Sparta is the hottest in Greece in terms of summer mean maxes .Other areas might be and especially around the interior of Sparta valley can be even hotter.

However from the real available data at hand and for the past 4 years that the station in Sparta is recording I highly doubt that there is a single station in Portugal with a 36.3C mean maximum for July for that same period.If there is one you can give us the data to compare.I also have a scientific study for Athens saying that the mean max in 50 years in July will be 41C.So what?We need the real hard data at hand.

As for Seville not being the warmest.Well the same applies for Palaiohora in Greece.However from the available data so far and for the specific period Palaiohora is to date the warmest known in Europe and with a big difference from any other area.Especially compared to IP.

Let's us not beat around the bushes here.South Crete is simply unbeatable in annual means in Europe.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
And we do that is why we try and compare data.A random single study does not say anything per se.I am also not sure that Sparta is the hottest in Greece in terms of summer mean maxes .Other areas might be and especially around the interior of Sparta valley can be even hotter.

However from the real available data at hand and for the past 4 years that the station in Sparta is recording I highly doubt that there is a single station in Portugal with a 36.3C mean maximum for July for that same period.If there is one you can give us the data to compare.I also have a scientific study for Athens saying that the mean max in 50 years in July will be 41C.So what?We need the real hard data at hand.

The study, like I said, was about older climatological references, not about the future.
For instance it was about 60-90 period. On the study they did measured data on several places, to make simple math correlations. And they did studied another huge amount of factors.
So, the raw scientific data that we have at hand, strongly suggests that the current weather station informations, are clearly not enough to let us make any conclusion about where are the warmest spots in Portugal, Iberia or Europe.

As for Seville not being the warmest.Well the same applies for Palaiohora in Greece.However from the available data so far and for the specific period Palaiohora is to date the warmest known in Europe and with a big difference from any other area.Especially compared to IP.

At least, the regions warmer than Seville, were already located and the reasons behind it, were already presented on this forum.
So if you know where are the warmer areas than Palaiohora, please present it here, and the reasons behind it.

However from the available data so far and for the specific period Palaiohora is to date the warmest known in Europe and with a big difference from any other area.Especially compared to IP.

Especially compared with IP? Care to elaborate?

Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
The study, like I said, was about older climatological references, not about the future.

Which is only an indication and not real data open to scrutiny as this case could be for various areas in Greece.In short no real data suggest than any area in Portugal can beat Sparta in mean maxes.If you have any u can show us.

As for Palaiohora,obviously it has managed to beat each and every station from the IP from the real data and not from wishful thinking or generic estimations of what if.Any area in the south coast of Crete can potentially be annually hotter than Palaiohora.We are talking about an extremely complex island geomoprhologically which has shown that it can manage from 30's in January to 21C+ mean annual temps.Actually 2012 will also be a year of 21C+ mean annual in Palaiohora!

South Crete is obviously the leader in Europe which is clearly shown from the real data at hand.If you have any other area beating Palaiohora shows us the data

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Do not follow this crazy game. This mad greek is not interested in meteorology, the proof is that he never adds nothing, just repeated over and over again the same nonsense. His data are not official data nor are standard periods of 30 years. His data are not worth for nothing. No professional would lose his time with this trash.

Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
Do not follow this crazy game. This mad greek is not interested in meteorology, the proof is that he never adds nothing, just repeated over and over again the same nonsense. His data are not official data nor are standard periods of 30 years. His data are not worth for nothing. No professional would lose his time with this trash.

Ok thank you for your contribution.We know that u have a deep psychological scar when Greece is concerned (and I can proudly say that I caused it to you lol).Now you can go cry somewhere else that South Crete beats by far ur beloved IP

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Which is only an indication and not real data open to scrutiny as this case could be for various areas in Greece.In short no real data suggest than any area in Portugal can beat Sparta in mean maxes.If you have any u can show us.

As for Palaiohora,obviously it has managed to beat each and every station from the IP from the real data and not from wishful thinking or generic estimations of what if.Any area in the south coast of Crete can potentially be annually hotter than Palaiohora.We are talking about an extremely complex island geomoprhologically which has shown that it can manage from 30's in January to 21C+ mean annual temps.Actually 2012 will also be a year of 21C+ mean annual in Palaiohora!

South Crete is obviously the leader in Europe which is clearly shown from the real data at hand.If you have any other area beating Palaiohora shows us the data

Well, I can show you that different locations in Portugal surpass 34ºc on average. Is nothing special. Greece has much better weather coverage, though that´s the maximum known.

So show us that areas that you say that are warmer than Palaiohora. I can show you several areas warmer than Moura, for example, and with valid arguments.

Too soon to make conclusions about the warmest place in Europe.

Crete may be or not. That´s an island well in the South, anyway. Even if it is Crete, is nothing special, there are areas around the same latitude that can beat it.

And again, I want to see the last years data from Seville. Maybe Ferreiro has.
Maybe not warmer, but if it is close or relatively close, that will be really interesting.

Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
So show us that areas that you say that are warmer than Palaiohora. I can show you several areas warmer than Moura

I can also read the cards,fly,or even better time travel ;).The point is that we need real data.Anyone can claim one or the other thing.We need the real hard data that go along with it.

As I said it will be tough for Portugal to beat Sparta.I have asked you to show me an area for the last 4 years that had a higher July mean maximum in Portugal,so we can get an indication.Real comparisons.Once you provide these I might consider your arbitrary arguments.

As for areas in the ''same latitude'' that can beat Palaiohora...Well check out what Ian from the UK forum had to say

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/for...-temperatures/page__view__findpost__p__825599

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
I can also read the cards,fly,or even better time travel ;).The point is that we need real data.Anyone can claim one or the other thing.We need the real hard data that go along with it.

As I said it will be tough for Portugal to beat Sparta.I have asked you to show me an area for the last 4 years that had a higher July mean maximum in Portugal,so we can get an indication.Real comparisons.Once you provide these I might consider your arbitrary arguments.

As for areas in the ''same latitude'' that can beat Palaiohora...Well check out what Ian from the UK forum had to say

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/for...-temperatures/page__view__findpost__p__825599

Yes, we need real data and I have been talking about real data.
I already did mentioned that we had these discussions on this forum before ( with graphs) and on which threads on the past for you, but seemingly you didn´t paid attention. So I´ll happily provide it to you again.

I have been also trying to correlate the estimates of IM, with the existing weather stations, that can be found in the same areas, and the estimations have been proven to be even lower than the reality. I don´t know if this can be said for every place, but the warmer regions did received the biggest attention. So that´s quite probable.
Anyway, nothing better than measured data, so when I have more time (this week) I´ll post the data that we have. But let me remember you, according to the data we have discussed on this forum (in the past), Greece has a much better weather coverage than Portugal so the modern results more likely lead us to biased conclusions. Anyway, the scarce data that we have from Portugal is enough to prove my points.

Mesogiakos

Cirrus
Registo
20 Ago 2012
Local
London
We have been through this coverage issue as well.Greece also lacks coverage in the areas where it could be potentially warmer.Only 4 stations exist in South Cretan coasts.In an area spanning 300 km.This is not enough.It's nothing compared to the geo complexity of such a unique area climatology-wise.

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Well if Greece has a weather coverage issue, Portugal even more.

And I have found that some weather stations here (classified as WMO) actually don´t even have conditions for right measurements. Some agro meteo stations (some are official ones) have very good conditions.

I´m already gathering, very interesting data, but I need only some more things.

Btw, what´s your biggest average (climatological) for the mean max of the warmest month of the year?

Estado
Fechado para novas mensagens.