Seguimento Europa 2013

MSantos

Moderação
Registo
3 Out 2007
Local
Aveiras de Cima
O encontro entre a Irlanda do Norte e a Rússia, do grupo de Portugal na fase de qualificação para o Campeonato do Mundo do Brasil, foi novamente adiado devido ao gelo que cobre o relvado do Estádio de Belfast.

O anúncio surgiu às 11 horas, depois de os árbitros, os representantes das duas federações e os delgados da FIFA terem considerado que a neve e o gelo do relvado do Windsor Park tornavam o jogo impossível.

De acordo com a imprensa britânica, o encontro deve agora ser agendado para junho.

Fonte: ZeroZero

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda

But this is just one season. I agree with you that if people suppose the higher Meseta cities are very cold then I cannot agree with them at all. But this year was much more divided between a warmer south and colder north. Our winter was normal in NL, while nearby Denmark experienced a cold winter.
We had more snow than average. And well, compared to the Spanish cities you mentioned we had much more snow, we had 12-20 days with Tx < 0 C etcetc. And The Netherlands is by no means a particularly cold place in winter of course...

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
But this is just one season. I agree with you that if people suppose the higher Meseta cities are very cold then I cannot agree with them at all. But this year was much more divided between a warmer south and colder north. Our winter was normal in NL, while nearby Denmark experienced a cold winter.
We had more snow than average. And well, compared to the Spanish cities you mentioned we had much more snow, we had 12-20 days with Tx < 0 C etcetc. And The Netherlands is by no means a particularly cold place in winter of course...

Yes, I agreed with you, this was just one season, but seldom is colder than this winter (in terms of average temperatures I mean). In terms of Tx is always very mild. The average of Tx < 0ºC is always very poor in spanish cities, even in higher Meseta cities.

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda
Yes, I agreed with you, this was just one season, but seldom is colder than this winter (in terms of average temperatures I mean). In terms of Tx is always very mild. The average of Tx < 0ºC is always very poor in spanish cities, even in higher Meseta cities.

Ferreiro you can write to me in Portuguese or Gallego if you like, don't bother with English I understand you perfectly fine! Portuguese dad. so....

Yes...it is typicalyl an interior climate with cold nights and probably a lot of them but you are 10-15 degrees to the south of us and that is notable. For instance, in the second part of february it is more difficult over here to get Tx below zero all day. In Spain, the sun is 10-15 degrees higher up than over here (12-14 degrees above the horizon at 21st of december). Also, the days over here last 7,5 hours. In Spain I guess it is close to 9 hours on the shortest days. Also: Spain is much further away from nearby cold reservoirs like Lapland and NW Russia. La[land is 1500-1800 km from us, it is 3400 km from central Spain.
Another point: low pressure areas tracks are enough to give us freezing weather. They only have to pass south of us and than you're okey. this is even expected next week in some ensembles and we get snow and may Tx below zero.
Also: Tx below zero can occur here from the very start of november to the start of april. In long wointers TX below zero can go up to 50-60 days, not to mention the numerous days with temperatures with just an hour or so above freezing. These are the most severe winters of course.

In short: the only thing that helps the Meseta is it distance to the sea and the higher altitude. But it is not enough. My sister lives in Varese, north of Milano, at 300 m high and she gets a lot more snow and cold weather than anyone in de Meseta below 1000 m. Still: even in northern italy Tx below zero is rare and she really notes that difference with The Netherlands. The snow rarely stays for weeks and that happens over here quite regularly.

Again: The Netherlands is no winterwonderland. I would say: not at all! So Spain below 1000 m isn't either, that is for sure.

BTW: everything is turning white here again. Some snow. Nothing compared to easter 2008 when we had 11 cm....

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda
some more pics of today....Not by me BTW!

20320132324580.jpg

20320132324583.jpg

2132013233531.jpg

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda
Fantastic night: unexpected blizzardlike conditions here!

Pics and movie tomorrow. In one word: amazing! 2.30 o'clock the band that came in from Belgium did not subside, but made a turn to the west and this meant (means, it is still snowing hevaiky with less than 500 m sigt right now as I write!) whole band with heavy precip is going over Middelburg! Temperature has dropped to -4 C. We already are at 6-8 cm of snowcover in 1,5 hours and it is rapidly rising. Great end of the winter!

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Impressionante a vaga de frío que afeta ao interior da Europa. Na Polonia a cidade de Lodz (750.000 habitantes) atingiu hoje os -22ºC.
Na Alemania e República Checa, Berlín -11ºC e Praga tambem -11ºC.

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda
Wonderfull afternoon!

23320132419140.jpg

23320132420142.jpg

23320132421145.jpg

23320132421147.jpg

23320132420143.jpg

23320132419141.jpg

Td was -10 C throughout the day, windchill -13 C. Dewpoint is pretty low of course. Tx however was 1,3 C but with that depoint no thaw was evidenced. Will happen this week (tomorrow) for sure. No problem: grand finale fo the winter!