Blizzard Europa (Jan/Fev 2012)

AnDré

Moderação
Registo
22 Nov 2007
Local
Odivelas (140m) / Várzea da Serra (930m)
Re: Seguimento Europa 2012

Incrível, neva de novo em Roma.

bracciocarlo.jpg

currenti.jpg

J.S.

Cumulus
Registo
26 Nov 2005
Local
Middelburg, Holanda
Re: frio com e vento...brrrr...mas com sol tamben!

Não sei como, mas ainda não tinha visto estas fotos! Uma verdadeira "beleza no frio"!:D

She was quite young! So beautiful..I thought so too but typical Dutch aswell. IShe looks typically Dutch and honestly, for NL she is nothing special I think.
I think Duthc women really are beautiful. If you love blue eyes and blond ordark blond hair, this is the place to be. They tend to have long legs and have very well proportioned female figures. They are (of course) very similar to Scandinavian girls, but tend to have a slightky softer face than for instance Danish girls.

Was buying new skates and there was this blond goddess that actually make me drop my jaw. Pictured her too...Such a nice girl too, not just beautiful but very kind. You know, may be 22 years old...you can picture her being the mum of yourkids and be confident everything is fine. May be it is just me, but some women make me feel like that...

Some pics of today (no girls close up btw..sorry..) in Veere, a picturesque town 5 km NE of where I live. They have "kreek" which is a body of deep water, in this case created by Allied Bobarding the dikes over there.
Quite large and the iceclub alsways prepares the natural ice in winter.

First pic: ice gets cracked because of the skates and it needs to settle once many people have skated on it. Large cracks develop. Get with yur skates into a crack and you either stummble, fall or break your ankle..The cieclub today started to put things under water at 15 o'clock. Airtemperature was -3 C, ice temperature -6 C. 2 hours later, this was the result. Tomorrow we'll have a fantastic, new icefloor!

23220121048370.jpg

Seemingly lone skater...

23220121048371.jpg

Looks warm but it was -4 C at that moment. Wind was okey...I was sweating while skating. Quite usual actually.

23220121048372.jpg

This guy has a good technique. The way you should skate. Has old fashioned skates though..no klicking mechanism.

23220121048373.jpg

Mum, with kid and friends:

23220121048374.jpg

Girl works cleans the ice. Friend is telling her what to do...;-)

2322012103140.jpg

Specially for you, the girl buying skates as a surprise for her boyfriend.
She wanted skates for 100 euro. Which is okey for ice hockey skates

0220121142170.jpg

here are the ones I bought...I got a discount because the salesguy could not offer what I asked for. From 750 to 340 euro.

Skate closed (when it is in the air)

0220121134330.jpg

Skate open (when you push it of the ice, providing a full stretch of the leg with full push giving higher speed)

0220121135331.jpg

The shoe is a termoplast. So after a while, I'll get back and it will be warmed. It will fit my foot exactly. Than it will be put into a special oven so it will remain that way, beeing idealy fit to my foot. It is like meauring with calibrated equipment: it needs to be precise to get thebest results!

My dad is 100% Portuguese and LOVES iceskating. Iceskating is the nr1 sport in The NEtherlands easily. Millions of people watch it on TV and millions of people do iton the ice. Global warming has dimished our chances for natural ice signficiantly. To get this back to weather and climate. Our average january temp used to be 0,3 C and now it is already 3 C!!! Luckily, this is caused by some very mild motnhs wchich still get intermixed with periods with prolonged forst.

Monay, thaw will set in. We havbe had 2 weeks with continuous frost, in my place only interrupted with 3 hours of temperatures of 0 to 1 C...

Gil_Algarvio

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mar 2009
Local
Manta Rota - Algarve

Pek

Cumulonimbus
Registo
24 Nov 2005
Local
Menorca