Screenshot_20231003_230742.jpg

StormRic

Furacão
Registo
23 Jun 2014
Local
Póvoa de S.Iria (alt. 140m)

"
In 1974, Gribbin, along with Stephen Plagemann, published a book titled The Jupiter Effect, which predicted that the alignment of the planets in a quadrant on one side of the Sun on 10 March 1982 would cause gravitational effects that would trigger earthquakes in the San Andreas Fault, possibly wiping out Los Angeles and its suburbs.[6] Gribbin distanced himself from The Jupiter Effect in the 17 July 1980, issue of New Scientist magazine, stating that he had been "too clever by half".[7] <- Ler

In February 1982, he and Plagemann published The Jupiter Effect Reconsidered, claiming that the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption proved their theory true despite a lack of planetary alignment. In 1999, Gribbin repudiated it, saying "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."[8]->
yAvqAGI.png

Última edição:

StormRic

Furacão
Registo
23 Jun 2014
Local
Pois... :facepalm:

Parecem aquelas salvaguardas/recomendações no fim de um anúncio de fármacos...
Gostaria que todas estes 'could be', 'may be', 'possibly', 'likely to' tivessem uma probabilidade apensa, como é usual em produtos científicos que envolvem 'forecasting'.
E quando termina dizendo "I emphasize that not every larger seismic event announces itself through the atmosphere", à laia de 'disclaimer' (isenção de responsabilidade), está tudo dito e encerra qualquer interesse futuro no que possa sair daquele canal.

Resumindo, se coincidir: "viram? eu previ!". Se ocorrer sem previsão: "eu avisei que nem todos podem ser previstos desta forma". E, finalmente, se não ocorrer mesmo tendo falado em potencial para ocorrer: "eu não falei em certezas, só em possibilidade, talvez, pode ocorrer, há probabilidade de...", tudo devidamente não quantificado.

:suicidio:

Última edição:

StormRic

Furacão
Registo
23 Jun 2014
Local