Cometa McNaught (C/2006 P1)

Minho

Cumulonimbus
Registo
6 Set 2005
Local
Melgaço
Algumas notas de astrónomos amadores...

"On Jan 14th, it hits perillion--and will be between the sun and the earth. If the sun reacts in a fasion similar to comet neat of Feb 18, 2003--activity of the sun will be high.
This comes just before or during an Earth Sun Mars Pluto Galactic Center alignment on the 15th, and and Earth, Sun, Venus, Neptune alignment on the 18th. Maybe nothing will happen--or it could be quite "spectacular."
Will the comet hit earth? Most likely not, although we may see some "debris." What always interests me about comets is that the large ones are ususally discovered by amatuers--which I find "interesting."
As far as I know, McNaught is a blue comet. (it is not red as some claim--all photos taken of things near sunrise/sunset get a reddish tint.)

Didn't the Sun send a big Solar Flare towards Neat when it passed the Sun last time ?
If this happens with the McNaught Comet, Earth could be in the firing line.
Plus if you take into account the 'Electrical Universe Theory'. And that Comet's tails point away from the Sun as they whip around it.

The Earth will be in the 'Firing Line' of the tail as well. Which I understand to be energy coming IN towards the Sun from the Solar System's overall charged 'electrical energy'. (that is why the Comet's tails always point away from the Sun as the Comets do their rounds)"

Continuamos num "blackout" informativo por parte dos jornais tugas (parece que só a RTP2 falou nisto ontem no Telejornal...que pouca gente vê) :angry: :angry:

Naaa :nono: ... a comunicação social ainda não disse nada porque o cometa ainda é visível no HN, a partir de amanhã como já não é vísivel vai dar no telejornal "Espectacular cometa vísivel desde o Hemisfério Sul - Cometa mais brilhante dos últimos 30 anos (...) " :lmao: :lmao:

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Seguindo o exemplo dos nossos colegas noutros foruns, uma re-pescagem de tópicos que acompanham a passagem do cometa (HN e HS):

McNaughtPoss.jpg

C2006P1_C3_fullcopy.jpg

a não perder:
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~rmn/C2006P1.htm

PASSOVER Comet C/2006 P1 (McNaught) HERE COMES THE BIG SHOW

This is unlike any comet I've ever seen before, beyond my wildest expectations!
Please save the C3 images during the comet passage on SOHO. Your own personal archive is a good idea because of this historical event. Some are beginning to think that a comet this large might even be called a rogue planet!
Here's the nagging question in my mind: Is C/2006 P1 (McNaught) a comet, or a rogue planet [um...Planet-Rex], or WHAT?
This is a 24 hour round the clock effort and upon SOHO passage on the 12th I will need to capture frame by frame in case the feed is disrupted which often happens for whatever reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/12/2007 10:46:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Comet McNaught will pass within a fifth of the distance between the Earth and the Sun. As the comet approaches the Sun, the amount of dust and gas it releases will increase dramatically, causing the comet to become extremely bright. "This might become the brightest comet SOHO has ever seen," says Bernhard Fleck, SOHO Project Scientist

I don't know....but maybe you do, is ReX's passing closer or more distant than the one in our recent past that the sun "reached out" for...it appears that there are sun spots already reacting to it's approach, leaving little doubt in my mind that this will be a spectacular event, and that we will not only see but feel on earth.

One question: why do we have no data to establish the size of this monster...is it really as big as or bigger than the Sun?

1/12/2007 8:38:32 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Please tell me what are these WAVES I see ???

Sun1-12-07(1508).jpg

1/12/2007 6:53:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Rev. 21:1 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."

It has been well established from numerous sources that comets are actually planets in the process of formation accumulating mass from space dust and debris as they course through space. Once they acquire sufficient mass they are captured by the sun and settle into a concentric, as opposed to an elliptical orbit.

An interesting connection is made by Henry Everett http://www.phy.duke.edu/~everitt/StarofBethlehem.pdf#search='giotto%20comet%20christ'

associating Christ’s birth with the appearance of a comet otherwise known as the Star of Bethlehem. He also conjectures that according to ancient Chinese records the appearance of this comet moves Christ’s birth 5 years previous to the commonly accepted date making this the year 2012!

Everett highlights Giotto’s portrait, "The Adoration of the Magi" depicting the "Star" of Bethlehem as a comet. http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/g/giotto/padova/3christ/scenes_1/chris02.html

Christ said he was the Alpha and the Omega - the beginning and the end. Interestingly, in the portrait "Last Judgement", Giotto portrayed Christ’s return in what else - a comet!! http://www.mystudios.com/gallery/giotto/39a.html

1/12/2007 6:52:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

This huge monster "comet" (NOT) may very well be a twin to the sun. It is certainly as big or bigger than the sun. I have had several daylight sightings. TPTB seem to be chemtrail-ing heavily to prevent the public from seeing it, and the media is ignoring it.

I believe that comets may well be harbingers of Change - in our lives and history. This one could be major. A day light comet was seen just before Julius Caesar was deposed.

John in Manassas

1/12/2007 6:49:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

hi there, it could be NIBIRU!!! TIME FOR A SHIFT!!......

1/12/2007 6:14:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

I would say it is a potential planet, like Venus used to be according to Immanuel Velikovsky, which came around every 52 years before it settled into orbit.

Revelation 8:5 could be a CME or this comet.

This Com Mtn could be what Revelation 8:8 is talking about that relates to Rev. 3:10-12.

A huge celestial body will come at the same time as New Jerusalem, and push Earth out of orbit, because of electro-magnetic repulsive forces, which will make Earth go out past Mars and turn around and fly in close to the sun and be sterilized. Then Earth will again find its old place of peace.

WHOA! THIS COMET SHOW IS MASSIVE!
- I can't remember ever seeing anything this big in SOHO before!
- I'm awestruck when I think - and see - how incredibly large it is when compared to Mercury - it absolutely dwarfs Merc! It's amazing to think that as we watch it progress "down" the SOHO screen that it's also moving slightly closer...
- it looks like a flying jupiter size planet!

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
1/12/2007 10:33:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

Take a look at this..

ftp://sohoftp.nascom.nasa.gov/pub/data/LATEST/current_c3.gif

bottom right hand side---4 o'clock

What is that cloud?

As the comet comes into view, the cloud begins to show and gets

thicker and bigger.

1/12/2007 1:45:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

am i going blurry or do you also see the impression of a disc shape at about 5 o'clock?

1/12/2007 10:11:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

This puppy makes Comet Neat look like a firecracker. Moreover, it's coming on the inboard side of the sun, and if it interacts with the Sun on this side, the CME will -- uh -- uh -- Kent, what will that CME do, anyway?

Reference:

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/lC3v109.jpg

1/12/2007 7:45:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

I recant what I said earlier after viewing blowup http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/Sun1-12-07(1508).jpg

These series of waves, may be the result of the influence gravity mass, placed upon the sun.

This conjecture would be so, as directly beneath the comet, as it is depicted by shown plates, there seems to be an erupting felon, where the charonisphere, meets the comets path?..So the academic question would be, what is the totality of mass and structure of the comet?

1/12/2007 5:49:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

did you see the STEREO image of the comet?

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/167080main_stereo_mcnaught_lg.jpg

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stereo/main/index.html

1/12/2007 4:46:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

On http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/Sun1-12-07(1508).jpg this is an impulse wave, or shock wave produced by the sun, from timed, broken movements, via its mass, in relation to internal mechanics.

This is an infraction on time and space, so is expressed as a solaric gelatinous torque movements, which then expressed clipped waves, in thre aether surrounding the immediate sun.

1/12/2007 4:38:14 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

Ernestine Trudeau

Frank said the waves may be sound reverbrating from the comet! What do you think?

1/12/2007 2:32:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

I am wondering ifthere might be a solar electrical discharge while thew comet is somewhere slightly between the sun and the earth. If McCanney's theories are right, I am wondering just how much effect the earth would have should it happen. I realize the comet is not going directly between the sun and the earth, but even a severe glancing blow would seem to be partially earth directed if it happened.

1/12/2007 1:11:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

What are these white marks on the C2 feed - they started early morning and have been on each picture since!!

Pat

1/12/2007 12:35:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

I'm copying the Lasco feed - every other frame - but I'm suspicious - the comet - looking remarkably like their presentation of the last one - is moving sort of as expected - but shouldn't other things be moving too??

Like Mercury - and the 3 stars at 7 o'clock?

1/12/2007 11:25:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Looking at a closer examination of the waves...the C2 diff shows it very clearly.

There was also a small proton event, clearly visible on:

http://lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil/cgi-bin/js_movie5.cgi?sgf+d2+10+50

Subject: I can see the comet in DAYLIGHT

Date: 1/12/2007 11:24:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

It's that BRIGHT! if you know where to look for it. By standing in the shadow of a building to block out the sun and away for the glare of the sun. You can faintly see it. Binoculars are better and it stands out more.

Too bad to I don't have a good camera. Maybe others do.

-------------------------------------------

1/12/2007 11:39:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

A large comet....and now a very strong Earth quake.....8.3......every seismic station around the world has reached saturation levels.

Hear the Sun singing
http://soi.stanford.edu/results/sounds.html

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Warning : MASS CME EJECTION FROM THE OPPOSING SIDE OF MCNAUGHT (DUST CLOUD INCOMING)

all caught on SOHO

[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]

on the right low side.

---------------------------------
- I know its comming from bottom right heading TOWARD the sun?

- It's not a Solar Flare

- maybe it's some kind of dark cloud matter that scientits found out recently ?

- I've watched Soho for nearly 10yrs and I've Never seen anything like that.

- but can it be dust attracted by gravity of McNaught?

- that is the whole, footage will update automatically when SOHO takes more pictures , we just have to wait.

- dust cloud moving in from bottom right for sure.. considering where soho is wouldn't that mean the cloud should be hitting earth as well right about now? or is the could between earth and the sun? we have no way to see how big it is?

- I'm more concered about the sunspot that is coming around now (left hand side)

- i've contacted a few astro amateurs and they were like "i never seen anything like this , i don't have an idea"
one said it is CME, other said that the next few days will reveal what trully it is.

- With this comet having an orbit of 300,000 years, never passed by before in the history of civilisation. Extremely close to the Sun, inside the orbit of Mercury. Already the brightest in 40 years, could become the brightest in recorded history. There's one thing about this comet as it makes it close approach to the Sun on Monday, expect the unexpected.

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Uma imagem nostálgica do cometa NEAT em 2003:

125038main_neatcomp1_lgweb.jpg

Em 2007, o brilho deste cometa supera qualquer dos anteriores...

hi1b_comet_sm.jpg

20070113_1154_c3.gif

[MEDIA]ftp://sohoftp.nascom.nasa.gov/pub/data/LATEST/current_c3.gif[/MEDIA]

Minho

Cumulonimbus
Registo
6 Set 2005
Local
Melgaço
Dasss! E não é que nós com o nosso azar, não neva, não faz frio e ainda por cima ou está nevoeiro ou nuvens altas e não há hipotese de ver o cometa :sad:
Vou-me dedicar à pesca :lmao:

Minho

Cumulonimbus
Registo
6 Set 2005
Local
Melgaço
O cometa McNaught é agora visível durante o dia :shocking:
Esta foto foi tirada na Suiça...

vornhusen1te8.jpg

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
1/13/2007 12:50:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time

What has this thing done to the sun - I haven't seen the electron flux this low for ages!!!

20070114_satenv.gif

*SNIP*

January 13, 2007 posting ... there is one major question ... HOW COULD THIS COMET ...
THE BRIGHTEST AND NOW SEEMINGLY THE LARGEST COMET IN OVER 30 YEARS ...
SNEAK UP ON US WITH NO ONE NOTICING ????? not NASA ...
not the mil defense boys with 24 x 7 optical search equipment ...
not the many separate automated asteroid search programs funded and operated both
in the USA and other countries ... and what of the amateurs ??? this comet sat in the ecliptic
plane since last march just to the right of Jupiter ALL SUMMER LONG ... it was finally discovered
by a professional astronomer on august 7, 2006 ... so much for the myth the a planet X
type object could not sneak up on us ... by the way ... guess where this comet came from ...
THE SOUTH !!! and from an area down under very near where Herrington was looking for Planet X
in the NASA funded search project in the early 1990's ... i do not think that this is planet x
... but it sure could be one of the precursor comets in the entourage ... but wait a minute ...
what if NASA and all the other agencies entrusted with the most expensive and precise computer
operated mega optics collection with ultra-sensitive electronic cameras the world has ever known
... what if they actually did see this coming and just ... forgot to mention it ???? either way
the point is made ... big objects like this will give you little warning ...
remember that an inbound planet X type object will appear as a huge comet
(this is probably the one message that NASA and its paid group of disinformation geeks want you
to miss) ... additionally, if the planet Jupiter were just a slight bit earlier in its orbit ...
this comet may easily have been captured and now be wielding its way into the inner solar system
on a deadly game of celestial billiards ... just like the ancients noted as the destroyer
of earth and just as happened with the comet Venus that eventually became the planet Venus just
a few thousand years ago ...watch especially on saturday to see if this comet interacts with the sun as
the comet crosses the ecliptic just to the left of the sun on the SOHO C3 camera ...
do you really think this is a little snow ball just a few miles across as claimed by NASA ???
... i really can't imagine anyone thinking that any more (except the NASA scientsts
who live in LALA land) ... jim mccanney *SNIP*

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/

colorcomet1.jpg

Sabino

Cirrus
Registo
14 Jan 2007
Por favor, alguém pode me dizer se o cometa já pode ser visto no hemisfério sul, estou em São Carlos - SP - Brasil e gostaria de saber qual o momento em que ele será visível e como localiza-lo, ao responder por favor levem em consideração que sou totalmente leigo no assunto, só sou capaz de reconhecer o cruzeiro do sul, as três marias e vênus! Grato desde já.
Sabino.

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Boas,
A partir do dia 16 de Janeiro só será possível observar este cometa no hemisfério Sul. Neste momento, ele está perto do Sol (por isso cuidado com os binóculos pois pode provocar cegueira - a menos que se use um daqueles filtros para os eclipses solares) tanto ao nascer como ao por. Depois progressivamente ele vai-se afastar do Sol e será possível ve-lo perto de Vénus. Boa sorte porque hoje está um tecto de nuvens em Portugal e nao se ve népia.

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Para variar os gajos da SOHO desligaram a captaçao de imagens, logo agora que o cometa está no seu perihélio (andam a esconder-nos algo?):

Longest data gap 20070113_2354>>>>still no return at 20070114_1049 and ongoing. You'd think the team would have full presence during this event, the brightest comet ever seen on SOHO. We are not witnessing events around perihelion, drat! It is non-activity such as this that smacks of some process or event being hidden.

Ontem deram esta desculpa-aviso: :angry: :angry:

SOHO TEAM NOTE:

"Please note that while we do have "real time" data from SOHO/LASCO, we do not have continuous, uninterrupted 24hr contact with the spacecraft. This means that there will be periods where the images are not updating. These periods typically last only a couple of hours, but sometimes our ageing data processing machines do crash and a technician has to manually restart the process. At weekends this can take time, so please be patient with us! You can always check the spacecraft contact schedule to see when the planned data gaps will occur." http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/operations/schedule/schedule.html

devem estar a comemorar....On 01/13/06 the SOHO Spacecraft is 11 years 11 months and 11 days old :angry:

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
31165891x.jpg

*SNIP*

1/14/2007 7:55:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Check this out (2-suns)?

73035792.NwWyj0wj.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/terrylovejoy/image/73035792

1/14/2007 1:30:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

It seems as if the dust from Mcnaught might obscure the light and other electro magnetic energy from the Sun.

I've not seen the Kp index so flat before:

Also looks like the feed has been cut on the C3 Camera and from what's there now you can see the tail from the approach of the comet moving in from the lower right toward the Sun at the end of the animation.

Notice about 2007/01/12 08:54 the cloud from the comet's approach starts to come in from the lower right. This is the comet's tail incoming.

[MEDIA]http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/LATEST/current_c3.mpg[/MEDIA]

I'm predicting we may see some unseasonably cold temperatures in the next few weeks, more quakes and who knows what else.

*SNIP*