Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Mais do mesmo por toda a Net:

*SNIP*

I Work For A Major News Outlet And We Are Forbidden To Report On Comet McNaught

I am an intern at a major news company. Don\'t ask because I will not name them. But I can tell you we are one of the big 5. My job is to scour the web for interesting stories and present them to my editor for review. I have been visiting your site for over a year and have found many good leads here that my superiors have gone on to air. I brought them the comet story over 1 week ago. I was told they knew about the story and would run something soon. Well here we are one week later, still nothing has been run on the most amazing celestial event to witnessed by the human race in hundreds of years. On Friday I approached my editor and asked what the deal was with them not running the comet story? His response was to totally ignore the question! I asked again and again he refused to say anything at all to me. Normally he would make some stupid excuse but this time total silence. I have never been into this conspiracy stuff but his reaction really got me scratching my head. He left early that Friday like he does every Friday and I decided to rummage through the memos on his desk. What I found was shocking! My boss had been ordered not to submit any stories on the comet for air. This memo went out to all editors. It was very brief and simply said do not submit stories on comet McNaught for review to air.

I am really starting to wonder why they are not airing this story. It has been carried on many local stations and scientific publications but our national channel will not cover it. I have also contacted a few friends who work at competing national stations and they tell me it is the same thing at their office.

- I've said this before. An associate of mine used to work at Fox news in Austin. They have some sort of direct feed from some us government entity, it's like a ticker tape that discusses the days talking points, also subject matter that is NOT to be discussed. Question it and you are gone, as he was.

- Well, I dont know but its on BBC news of 11 January.
For sure this news was not widely spread by the media but it could be that they dont want to scare the people.

- they simply don't want the public sticking their noses into this event and finding out too much.
Finding out
A. How large this object truly is compared to NASA's comet theory.
B. That it can cause major reactions with the sun, resulting in posible X-ray Flares and CME's
C. That they are not dirty snowballs and can survive intense heat of close orbit around the sun and still be easily visible to the naked eye as they head out of our solar system.
D. That NASA did not know about this object until as recently as August last year, and that a planet X type object could just as easily sneak up.
E. That planets appear as large comets with tails when entering a solar system, and can be captured into our solar system just like the comet venus, by the gravitational influence of large planets like Jupiter.

- is it possible that Comet McNaught captured by Sun and became the innermost planet?

No, besides its only about 15km in diameter :)

Who said it was 15km? I dont think so.. wait til you see this thing.

try 15,000km.

Not even that. That is earth sized. I am going to at least moon sized. Not Earth's moon, prob a smaller moon out there

- Don't fool yourselves. This comet is a premiere celestial event. This should be the ultimate payperview for all humans. This visitor affects us all. And it is a hell of lot bigger than 15km.

- I think that the reason this story has gotten under-reported/squelched/downplayed is because of the fact that a celestial object this big and bright was only discovered a little over a year ago. What this quite obviously would bring up in many people's minds is: "WHAT ELSE ARE THEY NOT SEEING"!!! This blows out the false sense of confidence that the populace holds re the infallability of SCIENCE, which in turn reflects badly on our governments' massive expenditure of money on space research ....AND creates MASSIVE FEAR!!!

- This past week we know several factual things:

- Gas smells all over the world

- Gas smells lead to shutdowns of major metro areas

- Thousands of birds being reported dead - US, Australia, etc.

- Massive Comet - no major news coverage.

- Oil Tankers, alarms going off due to "methane" detection at high seas.

- Massive undersea Quakes in the Pac Rim.

- Mayor of New York acknowledges gas smell, says its nothing.

- Massive weekly snowstorms in Colorado. (Roads shut down again 1/14/2007)

*SNIP*

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
31165852x.jpg

Seringador

Cumulonimbus
Registo
29 Ago 2005
Local
Canelas - Vila Nova de Gaia
Interessante Luís:thumbsup:
De facto sabemos tão pouco e especulamos muito e quando se devem de abordar e discutir determinadas situações, ocultam-se de uma forma geral os mesmos, pq??:disgust:
Obrigado por colocares esta informação:thumbsup:

dj_alex

Nimbostratus
Registo
14 Dez 2005
Local
Lisboa
Interessante Luís:thumbsup:
De facto sabemos tão pouco e especulamos muito e quando se devem de abordar e discutir determinadas situações, ocultam-se de uma forma geral os mesmos, pq??:disgust:
Obrigado por colocares esta informação:thumbsup:

Deste assunto percebo pouco...Daí comentar tão pouco assuntos :( :(

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
Isto cheira-me a retoque do SOHO...:mad:

20070115_0942_c2.gif

Parece que está aí outro cometa na forja. Mais um? :huh: :w00t:

SWAN - [been seeing something there close to McNaught to the south next to the tip]
(where did that other comet come from. I am pulling up starry nite and shows an unnamed comet at RA(J/2000) RA 2 hrs 28.47m and DEC 9 degrees 16.117' at 2.37 magnitude. about 0.881 au. We cant see it due to the snow storm. Any one seen it yet?
Someone needs to take a look at the path on this comet, according to starry nite it is really close to us. I just updated the files and now shows another untitled comet. Here is the screen shot. The white dot on the tan line is earth. this comet comes really close. Maybe I am reading it wrong. Can someone else make any sense..)
animation-comets.gif

Screen01x.jpg

Última edição:

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
*SNIP*
January 14, 2007 posting ... just past midnight after january 13 ... central standard time ... so far the comet has developed a few fleeting spike like extensions towards the sun and in this pic you can see the following ... note that the horizontal line(s) extending out of the comet are artifacts of the SOHO camera called "wash-out" due to the severe brightness of this huge comet ... but just below the horizontal line you can see the comet extending out towards the sun and the sun is in turn extending a flare out towards the comet ... the little planet mercury is to the lower left of the sun (also has a small horizontal line through it as do all the planets when they appear in the SOHO camera images) ... the small white circle in the center of the blue patch in the center of this image represents the true size of the sun ... this comet is HUGE even compared to the sun ... i have also been asked to comment on last night's huge earth quake in japan and whether that could possibly be related to this comet and the answer is NO ... this comet is near the sun and is neither causing direct influence gravitationally or electrically on earth at this time ... the solar monitoring satellites show no significant influences on earth's environment due to this comet at this time ... but i am waiting with baited breath to see if this comet will electrically unload on the sun as we have seen many times with other comets ... they appear to be connecting in the pic below but no BOOOOMMM yet ... this comet is crossing the ecliptic right now which is the optimal time to unload the solar capacitor ... i will be watching closely as the night progresses ... more to come soon ...

jim mccanney

*SNIP*

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
DAYTIME COMET: Comet McNaught is now visible in broad daylight. This trick is best performed around local noon: Go outside and stand in the shadow of a building. Face south. The comet lies about six degrees to the left of the sun.

Aí vem a 1ª CME (coronal mass ejection)...

Kp.gif

Ficamos a aguardar o resto do evento...:)

mlso_helium.gif

mdi_sunspots.jpg

latest.gif

Minho

Cumulonimbus
Registo
6 Set 2005
Local
Melgaço
Bem, o cometa tem agora um cauda simplesmente sensacional :surprise: :surprise:

solans1hq7.jpg

palmer1fg1.jpg

Luis França

Nimbostratus
Registo
23 Mai 2006
Local
Hades
"THE FEATHERED SERPENT: Even experienced astronomers have never seen anything like it -- a sweeping fan of comet dust visible to the unaided eye despite city lights and twilight"

"Just watched comet McNaught set in the west from my driveway in Auckland, New Zealand just after sunset. Was amazing to see, especially through binoculars, should be visible for next couple nights. Very bright disc, much larger than Jupiter. Tail was phenomenally long, way cool...Was even cooler than the Lasco c3 feeds."

Jan20c.JPG

Jan20a.JPG

Jan19c.JPG

Jan20e.JPG

http://www.spaceweather.com/comets/gallery_mcnaught_page12.htm