Os locais mas quentes do sur de Espanha

Costa

Cumulus
Registo
14 Abr 2007
Local
PT
While Attica the WARMEST in the summer in Europe.And by far ;)

Here are the mean averages from Portugal last July and August and you can see big part of country can have mean averages around 26/27ºC. ;)

Barracos region have even average in August higher than 28ºC

mttme201007.jpg

mttme201008.jpg

stormy

Super Célula
Registo
7 Ago 2008
Local
Lisboa
Hello!!This was a humurous comment!Just pointing out that even in the summer 25.1C is difficult for many areas!!

Was it that humurous?...thank you...

You just really don´t get it, do you?
:(

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
well that is why I said ONE spot!

Come on Belem when science finds ONE spot in the Iberian Peninsula warmer than VARIOUS spots of South Crete and Karpathos on mean annual temperatures then we can see if South Crete and Karpathos are not the warmest in Europe.

Besides,it is obvious that Crete can beat any area of the Iberian Peninsula because of its geospatial position and southernmost geographical alignment!!You do not need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out:)

Mesogeiakos

That issue ( of weather station data favoring more some countries over the others, in certain aspects) was already discussed here before.
Due to several factors (not based on « how warm a place is»), weather stations were usually placed near human active zones...
While Portugal, for example, favoured places near cooler zones ( not because of it´s climate but because of other aspects ( transportations, etc...), Greece had human activity mostly on it´s warmest areas, so their weather stations were placed there ( mostly on sheltered lowlands). So here you see that you have a negative correlation between weather stations and warmest places...
You don´t need to be a rocket scientist, to understand what I´m saying to you... Just read a bit what was discussed here before on the threads regarding the warmest areas in Portugal or Iberia and you´ll get a better idea about this.
So the present results can give you a misleading result, because Portuguese warmest areas aren´t covered by any weather station ( not even close), while Greek warmest areas are covered by many weather stations. This is due to different geographical human activity distribution.
Spain is in an intermediate position I think, but a bit closer to Greece on this aspect, as their territories are covered by many more weather stations ( even relatively) than Portugal.
However, I doubt that their warmest places are covered by weather stations, as you have in Greece.
So while maybe y place maybe warmer than x place, you can´t get an overview about this subject yet... All you can do, is give your opinion and accept that other people think that the data is too scanty yet ( at least some people)...
I also doubt that most climatologists will pay attention to your claim...
You can only hypothetize and even for that is hard, very hard...

PS: Crete well, maybe yes, maybe not... But it sounds too biased to use it and forget the others islands, see my point?
The Costa´s map was based on IM weather stations, however does show up those results...
Imagine now, if we had weather stations on the warmest places.

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
Yes,Attica had almost 32.0C in August 2010!!Didnt you see the thread of Attica vs Andalusia?

Hahaha. Dados oficiais do HNMS grego de 2009 e 2010. Olhem os climatic bulletins do verao de 2010 e 2009 nas estacions oficiais de Atenas que sao Helleniko, Tatoi, Eleysina e Spata (esta ultima é o aeroporto)

http://www.hnms.gr/hnms/english/climatology/climatology_html

Há que calcular a media simple ja que o HNMS grego calcula a media de forma diferente de nos.

Atenas aeroporto maxima em julho 2010 de 31,7ºC e minima em julho 2010 de 21,8ºC
em agosto 2010 maxima de 32ºC e minima de 24,6ºC

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Hahaha. Dados oficiais do HNMS grego de 2009 e 2010. Olhem os boletins do verao de 2010 e 2009 nas estacions oficiais de Atenas que sao Helleniko, Tatoi, Eleysina e Spata (esta ultima é o aeroporto)

http://www.hnms.gr/hnms/english/climatology/climatology_html

Há que calcular a media simple ja que o HNMS grego calcula a media de maneira diferente a nos.

Atenas aeroporto maxima em julho de 31,7ºC e minima em julho de 21,8ºC

You are kidding me right?

The means for August 2010 were calculated according to the mean max and mean min /2.Exactly as in Spain

I think your Attica summer trauma has not healed yet:)

Seville had RECORD temps AND DIDNT WIN ATTICA!!!

Ferreiro

Nimbostratus
Registo
3 Dez 2010
Local
A Corunha
You are kidding me right?

The means for August 2010 were calculated according to the mean max and mean min /2.Exactly as in Spain

I think your Attica summer trauma has not healed yet:)

Seville had RECORD temps AND DIDNT WIN ATTICA!!!

Sevilla Aeroporto teve temperatura media em julho e agosto muito mais elevada que qualquera das 4 estaçaos oficiais de Atenas. E iso que o aeroporto de Sevilla esta fora da cidade (no interior da cidade as temperaturas minimas sao muito mais elevadas).

Sevilla Aeroporto julho 2010 30,3ºC agosto 2010 30,6ºC
Atenas Aeroporto julho 2010 26,8ºC agosto 2010 28,3ºC

Dados oficiais :)

Ate amanha!!!!

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Mesogeiakos

That issue ( of weather station data favoring more some countries over the others, in certain aspects) was already discussed here before.
Due to several factors (not based on « how warm a place is»), weather stations were usually placed near human active zones...
While Portugal, for example, favoured places near cooler zones ( not because of it´s climate but because of other aspects ( transportations, etc...), Greece had human activity mostly on his warmest areas, so their weather stations were placed there ( mostly on sheltered lowlands). So here you see that you have a negative correlation between weather stations and warmest places...
You don´t need to be a rocket scientist, to understand what I´m saying to you... Just read a bit what was discussed here before on the threads regarding the warmest areas in Portugal or Iberia and you´ll get a better idea about this.
So the present results can give you a misleading result, because portuguese warmest areas aren´t covered by any weather station ( not even close), while greek warmest areas are covered by many weather stations. This is due to different geographical human activity distribution.
Spain is in an intermediate position I think, but a bit closer to Greece on this aspect as their territories are covered by many more weather stations ( even relatively) than Portugal.
However, I doubt that their warmest places are covered by weather stations, as you have in Greece.
So while maybe y place maybe warmer than x place, you can´t get an overview about this subject yet... All you can do, is give your opinion and accept that other people think that the data is too scanty yet...
I also doubt that most climatologists will pay attention to your claim...
You can only hypothetize and even for that is hard, very hard...

PS: Crete well, maybe yes, maybe not... But it sounds too biased to use it and forget the others islands, see my point?
The Costa´s map was based on IM weather stations, however does show up those results...
Imagine now, if we had weather stations on the warmest places.

Yes,wait I have always said the same thing about PORTUGAL.

Your network of stations is really poor.I dont know why.Maybe some red tape issues that have to do with Portuguese authorities.However Greece's geospatial position and population distribution is indeed much different because of different geography.

I am not doing a thesis here,I am studying the warm climatology of Greece for 15years!I didnt wake up one morning and said ''right I will now go to forums and say Greece is the warmest''.

Basing EVERYTHING i say in official data and in common sense and logic I assume that Southern Crete will be the warmest area of Europe even if Portugal and Spain have virtually everywhere in the Iberian Peninsula stations.

mesogeiakos

Cumulus
Registo
10 Ago 2010
Local
London/Athens
Seville Aeroporto teve temperatura media em julho e agosto muito mais elevada que qualquera das 4 estaçaos oficiais de Atenas. E iso que o aereporto de Sevilla esta fora da cidade (no interior da cidade as temperaturas minimas sao muito mais elevadas).

Sevilla Aeroporto julho 2010 30,3ºC agosto 2010 30,6ºC
Atenas Aeroporto julho 2010 26,8ºC agosto 2010 28,3ºC

Dados oficiais :)

Dedalus,wake up mate Elefsina airport,Thiseio (110 meters altitude) and Megara airport from OFFICIAL DATA HAVE DESTROYED SAN PABLO in August 2010!!!

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Yes,wait I have always said the same thing about PORTUGAL.

Your network of stations is really poor.I dont know why.Maybe some red tape issues that have to do with Portuguese authorities.However Greece geospatial position and population distribution is indeed much different because of different geography.

I am not doing a thesis here,I am studying the warm climatology of Greece for 15years!I didnt wake up one morning and said ''right I will now go to forums and say Greece is the warmest''.

Basing EVERYTHING i say in official data and in common sense and logic I assume that Southern Crete will be the warmest area of Europe even if Portugal and Spain have virtually everywhere in the Iberian Peninsula stations.

Ok, I understand your opinion.
I just wouldn´t feel that safe to assume that...

belem

Cumulonimbus
Registo
10 Out 2007
Local
Sintra/Carcavelos/Óbidos
Come on Belem,for 15 years I have not seen a single station in Europe to have higher mean annual temperatures than South Crete.Each year for the past 15 years i have been monitoring Crete and Karpathos.Ever since I was 14yo!

Come on Belem,for 1,5 years I have not seen a single station in continental Europe to have higher mean annual temperatures than 1 place in South Crete. Not many to compare, but each year for the past 1,5 years i have been monitoring Crete and Karpathos.Ever since I was 14yo!

Fixed now! :lmao:

j/k